White Sox vs. Indians, 4/4/07 (L)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 07:21 PM)
Is it out of the realm of possibility to think about the Sox making a pitching acquisition at some point this season? Or are we in the same "we've got to win with what we've got" mode that we were stubbornly in last year.

Not that I know of anyone that would be available, but we're going to have to upgrade here if this team wants to contend this season and beyond.

Nah, we'll give Floyd and Haeger a chance first.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 12:21 PM)
Is it out of the realm of possibility to think about the Sox making a pitching acquisition at some point this season? Or are we in the same "we've got to win with what we've got" mode that we were stubbornly in last year.

Not that I know of anyone that would be available, but we're going to have to upgrade here if this team wants to contend this season and beyond.

If we're really, really close in the race, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibilities...but I agree with Fathom that Haeger and Floyd, and maybe Broadway within a couple months, are much more likely and probably better options.

But, the way I think about it...if we're in need of another starting pitcher of the quality that will be available on the trading market...we will not be in this race.