Anybody else buy a pair or two of Starbury's?

whitesoxfan101

I went to Steve and Barry's the other day and got a white pair of them, $16.10 with tax!!! Anyways, they must be selling well because even though like 1/5 of the store was full of them, there were still a boatload of emptying shelves and a sign that said you could only buy 10 pairs max (I'd have bought more than 1 pair but I don't really need shoes right now, haha). Anyways, I got them Monday and have made 2 runs at the rec center here in them and they are actually quite comfortable as well as looking good. So, in conclusion, this might be the best idea to hit the stores since.....well a long time. :D

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 09:19 AM)
What the heck is a Starbury? I assume its some sort of shoe, but I don't know where you'd find good shoes for $16.

Well I was sold on them when I saw/tried them on at the store, plus Marbury scored over 40 his first game wearing them (at Dallas, no less) and Ben Wallace had 19 rebounds against Detroit his first game wearing them. Shoes like that for 16 bucks after tax are worth a buy, even if you don't need shoes IMO.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 09:15 AM)
I went to Steve and Barry's the other day and got a white pair of them, $16.10 with tax!!! Anyways, they must be selling well because even though like 1/5 of the store was full of them, there were still a boatload of emptying shelves and a sign that said you could only buy 10 pairs max (I'd have bought more than 1 pair but I don't really need shoes right now, haha). Anyways, I got them Monday and have made 2 runs at the rec center here in them and they are actually quite comfortable as well as looking good. So, in conclusion, this might be the best idea to hit the stores since.....well a long time. :D

A couple of friends of mines say the same thing, I may have to look into a pair.

Yeah that article kinda says it all I think. Although I'm sure a big target audience for the shoe are the kids and people from poorer and/or urban backgrounds that like to play ball but can't afford 150 dollar LeBron's, these things are also kicking ass in sales in my demographic, the poor college kid who is desperate for something quality they can afford.

It sounds like they're selling well. A lot of positives are coming out about the shoe.

I like how they look in the colorway Ben Wallace wore.

I'm going to wait and see how Ben Wallace's signature shoes will look next season. Apparently they won't have the starbury logo but his own, which I prefer since I don't like marbury all that much. But for 15 bucks you can't really go wrong.

Steve & Barry's kicks ass.

"Available exclusively at Steve and Barry's University Sportswear, the premier item in the Starbury line of shoes and apparel is the Starbury One basketball shoe. The shoes retail for only $14.98, but Marbury claims that the Starbury One basketball shoes are the same as the most expensive shoes on the market. "

I wouldn't doubt it. Those high-end basketball shoes are usually made pretty poorly for the price.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)

"Available exclusively at Steve and Barry's University Sportswear, the premier item in the Starbury line of shoes and apparel is the Starbury One basketball shoe. The shoes retail for only $14.98, but Marbury claims that the Starbury One basketball shoes are the same as the most expensive shoes on the market. "

I wouldn't doubt it. Those high-end basketball shoes are usually made pretty poorly for the price.

Theyre all made in sweat shops anyway. It just depends which ones have the newest catapults and rockets and lasers in them that all the kids are gonna buy. That of course or which ever one MTV says P Diddy is wearing.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)

steve and barry's is terrible. The stuff is cheap, but all the uni stuff looks terrible, the colors are always off.

QUOTE(SnB @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 06:35 PM)
steve and barry's is terrible. The stuff is cheap, but all the uni stuff looks terrible, the colors are always off.

Well, it depends what you're going there for. I picked up 5 blank T's for $20 and two hoodies (a plain blue one and an Illinois one) for $7 each. I've also got a few other Illinois shirts from there. I don't really buy any jerseys or anything like that, though.

QUOTE(SnB @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 06:35 PM)

I agree in general, this is the first thing I've ever bought from them. There are a ton of shoe styles for this thing, and some are stupid, but a lot look good actually.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 09:15 AM)

I need a new pair of hoop shoes and this seems like a no brainer to me. I try to buy hoop shoes regularly in effort to save my ankles from getting rolled again.

I'll definitely pick up the Wallace's too when released.

I got a pair myself earlier this weekend and they are very comfortable and good for playing basketball in. For $15 you can't beat it.

Only difference between these and my $100 Nike Shox is the ankle support strap for basketball which makes them worth it for me to prevent injury.