2007 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Kalapse

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 07:11 PM)
f***ing yahoo. did Sean Casey homer in the 10th inning or not?

I don't think so. MLB Gameday did the same thing, it had it as 10-8 Tigers now it says 8-8.

Well I think the Angels won now.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 04:01 PM)
that Royals- Twins affair this afternoon was some of the ugliest baseball played in a long time

close to or over 25 runners were on base and only 1 run was scored

that in the bottom of the 11th

I've actually heard Gardenhire use some reasons for the team's struggles that would make White Sox people proud. Pitchers have really been changing speeds and moving in and out very well recently against the Twins, atleast according to Gardenhire. Could it just be that he hasn't moved Casilla and Punto out of leadoff spots yet, what with their .268 and .278 OBP? I understand why Casilla's on the roster and in the lineup, but you don't need to have him leadoff.

I think that's what really bugs me the most is some managers refuse to go break the mold and go with an untypical leadoff hitter. Why not move Punto or Casilla down to the bottom of the order and then just move everybody up one spot (Mauer 2, Cuddyer 3, Morneau 4, Hunter 5, etc). It's hard for Cuddyer or Morneau to get 1st inning RBIs when the only one that's ever on base is Mauer, and that's usually with 2 outs.

there has been some clamerring amonst Twins bloggers for that senario to happen, where Mauer moves to 2, Cuddy 3, Justin 4

I dont know, it just seems like the whole team is in a hitting funk, a base running funk, and a pitching funk. it happens to every team once a season

What I dont like is Punto at the 2 slot. Since about late August of last season, he's reverted back to a guy who swings at everything and tries to hit a homerun

I said the other night that the one good that might come from the disaster against the Tigers was Zumaya's wild performance might cause him some problems with confidence and control. Well tonight he entered with a 3-2 lead in the 8th against Minnesota, only to give up 3 hits, a walk, 2 runs, and blow the save and lose. Uh oh....

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 05:37 AM)
I would literally kill for that dude to be on the Sox.

Actually being on the Sox would hurt him since he kills Sox pitching. Without games against the Sox, he would be batting a whopping .214, with 2 HRs, and 6 RBI in 56 ABs.

BTW, CC let up 3 HRs in the 1st inning vs the Jays. When is the last time that happened to him?

QUOTE(beautox @ May 2, 2007 -> 06:35 PM)
jake westbrook being taken out of the game right now, looks like carmona could be coming back sooner than he thought.

With lower abdominal tightness.

Philip Hughes to the DL, Yankees recall Britton.

Chan Ho Park DFA by the Mets.

Reggie Sanders to the 15 day DL with a torn left hamstring.

Kevin Millwood will miss a start with a hamstring strain.

Michael Cuddyer has missed 2 games in a row with a back bruise.

Billy Beane just Cust.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(fathom @ May 3, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)
Indians are real good this year. I'm not sure who I think will win the AL Central, them or the Tigers.

You can't rule out the Twins, not with Garza and Slowey in AAA.

QUOTE(knightni @ May 4, 2007 -> 08:34 AM)
I was at the Indians game last night.

It's like old Sox games.

They're winning but no one's showing up to the game.

I walked up and got 5 rows from the wall in RF.

Keep going, they just lost two straight.