White Sox vs. Indians, 4/5/07 (W)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 11:26 AM)
What happened?

Buehrle was nailed in the pitching hand by a line drive off Garko. Was too hurt to field it. Has left the game, with Masset coming in. Soxtalk.com was the 2nd casualty of that play.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:30 PM)
Too bad we don't have Haeger available to go 5 innings. I honestly couldn't imagine a worse start to a season than what we've seen.

Dont worry, we will see him soon enough. Either Floyd or Haeger just boarded the bus.

Guys, I'm trying as best I can to laugh this off. This is unbelievable. If Buehrle will be out for any extended length of time, I vote to bring up Haeger because he could probably start and relieve with that knuckleball. We may need him to fulfill both roles at this point. If not Haeger, I suppose Floyd will come up. Hopefully, though, Mark will be fine.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:32 PM)
1 run on 3 hits in 1 and 1/3 innings. Not sure I'd call that pitching well.

Not sure I'd consider that last hit in your little stat there...it hit him, or it would have been an out. And HR's happen.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:31 PM)
Has there ever been a worse opening series for a club in the history of baseball?

Well the Astros lost two 8th inning or later leads at home vs dismal Pittsburgh this year...At least we are playing Cleveland, a lot better than PIT...

MB doesnt think its broken BTW

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:32 PM)
1 run on 3 hits in 1 and 1/3 innings. Not sure I'd call that pitching well.

1 of those hits was off his arm. He was throwing pretty well, k-ing Hafner, getting that dp, vintage Mark.