White Sox vs. Indians, 4/5/07 (W)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 07:07 PM)
He's gotta get through this inning. And, if this inning is quick enough, work into the fifth. Aardsma is probably only good for one inning, at most, and Sisco is again going to have to take two.

Jenks might have to go two innings today.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 02:04 PM)
Hey Ed, Chris Singleton is almost as good as you are at pbp already. Please take your talents elsewhere, thanks

-Brian

I was just talking about this with a friend. I never listened to the Sox via the radio prior to this year, but really, I think Farmer is pretty bad. Singleton is much better imo.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 02:07 PM)
It is sad when, through 3 games, some of your relievers have more innings pitched than 2 out of 3 of your starters. Very sad.

Last year I got all over Ozzie for pitching his starters too much and tiring them. Well welcome to Bizzaro World.

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 02:08 PM)
I was just talking about this with a friend. I never listened to the Sox via the radio prior to this year, but really, I think Farmer is pretty bad. Singleton is much better imo.

Rooney was the true gem of this duo, once he left, so did sanity.

No way. Singleton has zero emotion to his voice. I like it when the announcers are as angry/upset as the fans. Singleton sounds happy all the time, even when we're getting our nuts kicked in.

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 07:08 PM)

I can't stress how bad Farmer has been on the Crede play from yesterday and these deep fly balls today.

Singleton just sounds like he is reading still. I still think in a few years more time, he will be a pretty dang good announcer. He sounds much more comfortable, and I like how he won't let Farmer off the hook if he gets him on something. He also seems to know Farmer is a jerk and plays on that.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 02:09 PM)
No way. Singleton has zero emotion to his voice. I like it when the announcers are as angry/upset as the fans. Singleton sounds happy all the time, even when we're getting our nuts kicked in.

I'd rather someone who has no emotion in their voice than someone who is preoccupied with their stories, and doesn't seem to care about the game thats going on.

But as I said, I haven't listened to the Sox on the radio prior to this year, so its a very small sample size.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 02:11 PM)
Where have you gone, White Sox team of olde???

And seriously, Pods is playing because....

he's 1-1 with a walk, SB and a Run... i'd say thats doing perfectly fine...