SOX FIRESALE BY JUNE

JERMAINEDYE4MVP

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JERMAINEDYE4MVP @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:38 AM)
FACT! I REALLY DON'T THINK THIS TEAM IS GOING TO BE ANY GOOD THIS SEASON AND I BELIEVE THAT KW WILL TRY AND TRADE DYE, BUEHRLE, IGUCHI, THOME, CREDE, AND EVEN KONERKO BEFORE THE DEADLINE KIND OF LIKE THE MARLINS DID AND PICK UP YOUNG TALENT.

DISCUSS.

STOP SHOUTING. :)

And two games in I'd say fire sale speculation is more than a little premature.

QUOTE(JERMAINEDYE4MVP @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 12:38 AM)
FACT! I REALLY DON'T THINK THIS TEAM IS GOING TO BE ANY GOOD THIS SEASON AND I BELIEVE THAT KW WILL TRY AND TRADE DYE, BUEHRLE, IGUCHI, THOME, CREDE, AND EVEN KONERKO BEFORE THE DEADLINE KIND OF LIKE THE MARLINS DID AND PICK UP YOUNG TALENT.

DISCUSS.

The great thing about playing in such a tough division is we will be exposed early (like Cleveland) if we don't cinch 'em up and hunker down and show some cajones.

Facing Sabathia 3 times and Santana at least once will bring out the best (and worst) in this ballclub.

KW was smart to anticipate the aging of the club (Contreras, Thome, Dye) and not to sign anyone long-term, IMO. If the ballclub is buried in 4th place (or 5th) in June or July, the strategy moving forward is obvious. There's really no other choice.

If that means Buehrle, Crede, Dye and even deeper cuts occur to the heart of this ballclub, the White Sox will go on...they'll still wear the same jerseys, only the names will change. You can never get too attached to one player, and losing Thomas, Ordonez, Lee and Valentin should have taught the younger fans that the organization being a "winner" always comes before individual players.

Restructuring the ballclub now will be a lot easier than doing it without a WS championship in the recent past.

I think, in time, dumping McCarthy and Garcia will look like intelligent moves that maximized the return available for those two pitchers, pundits about the Garcia deal notwithstanding. The Astros were smart enough to steer away from former pitcher Garcia and maybe even Garland, liking the "upside" of Jennings much more than the "downside" of Garcia.

JG has won 36 games over the last two years, and half the staff at Baseball Prospectus wouldn't be able to tell you he was tied for the MLB lead in victories over that time span...or that the White Sox also had the most wins as well.

There's something missing with this team and last year's team, and you can exactly put a finger on it, but you can certainly feel or sense it in your bones. It won't take an 0-6 start, Buehrle getting hammered or the Twins sweeping us (out to a 6 game lead the first week?) for many diehard Sox followers to realize major changes are on the horizon with this club.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 12:56 AM)
Uh oh. Wite gets da snappin.. :o

lol, it would be like saying this in Spring Training

I mean, what the f***, seriously, even if you just want to mess around on a message board, you can find a funnier way to do it then this. This is just a ridiculous thread in all aspects because of the creator.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 11:59 PM)
lol, it would be like saying this in Spring Training

I mean, what the f***, seriously, even if you just want to mess around on a message board, you can find a funnier way to do it then this. This is just a ridiculous thread in all aspects because of the creator.

NOT BECAUSE OF THE CREATOR. IT'S BECAUSE OF THE CAPS LOCK. ARE YOU TOO STUPID TO LET CAPS LOCK GET IN YOUR WAY OF A GREAT POST? FACE IT, OUR STARTING PITCHERS ARE NOT ALL OF THE SUDDEN GOING TO TURN IN TO 2005 PITCHERS. THAT SEASON WAS ABSOLUTE MIRACLE THAT HAPPENS ONCE IN A LIFETIME AND SOMETIMES NEVER. THE SOX' BEST INTERESTS SHOULD BE TO MOVE ALL OF THE AGING PLAYERS AND GET SOME TALENT BACK. HERE ARE SOME OF MY PROPOSALS:

KONERKO TO RED SOX FOR JON LESTER

THOME TO TWINS FOR MATT GARZA

CREDE TO ANGELS FOR ERVIN SANTANA OR JOE SAUNDERS

DYE TO METS FOR LASTINGS MILLEDGE

BUEHRLE (IF HE PUTS TOGETHER A DECENT YEAR SAY 4.50 ERA) FOR A 2ND OR 3RD TIER PROSPECT

GARLAND TO YANKEES FOR PHILLIP HUGH

QUOTE(JERMAINEDYE4MVP @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:09 AM)
NOT BECAUSE OF THE CREATOR. IT'S BECAUSE OF THE CAPS LOCK. ARE YOU TOO STUPID TO LET CAPS LOCK GET IN YOUR WAY OF A GREAT POST? FACE IT, OUR STARTING PITCHERS ARE NOT ALL OF THE SUDDEN GOING TO TURN IN TO 2005 PITCHERS. THAT SEASON WAS ABSOLUTE MIRACLE THAT HAPPENS ONCE IN A LIFETIME AND SOMETIMES NEVER. THE SOX' BEST INTERESTS SHOULD BE TO MOVE ALL OF THE AGING PLAYERS AND GET SOME TALENT BACK. HERE ARE SOME OF MY PROPOSALS:

BUEHRLE (IF HE PUTS TOGETHER A DECENT YEAR SAY 4.50 ERA) FOR A 2ND OR 3RD TIER PROSPECT

whats that word that rhymes with fan....and starts with the second letter.

so then... turn the caps lock off... you can do that ya know... wow.

QUOTE(JERMAINEDYE4MVP @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 06:09 AM)

you should have just quit when you started buddy....

now be prepared to do as i do.

hi8is eats poop

god, have mercy on him here at soxtalk... thou lord, i dont think you will

eek.

You should turn on the fair trades option on your Xbox360 and then you will find the game a bit harder.

I agree with everything you've said in your 2 well thought out, insightful, grammatically pristine posts except 1 thing. Why would Buehrle net you only a 2nd tier prospect but for Garland you can get who many believe to be the best pitching prospect in baseball? Is 1 year of guaranteed control really worth such a difference in talent?

I mean I agree that a league average pitcher like Garland is definitely enough to wrestle a player like Phillip Hughes away from the Yankees but similarly couldn't the Sox deal Buehrle for say Andrew Miller. Is there a reason why Contreras isn't included in this fine discussion? I heard the Reds have been shopping Homer Bailey around wouldn't they have some interest in one of the more talented starters in baseball in Jose Contreras?

I'll wait patiently for your answers as I'd like to keep this intelligent, lively discussion alive through the night. Some real good baseball talk should come of this.

no, you're right, it was the caps locks

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:16 AM)
so then... turn the caps lock off... you can do that ya know... wow.

GARLAND TO YANKEES FOR PHILLIP HUGHES

We can get more for Konerko, Lester hasn't even proven he's 100% healthy yet.

The Twins would never give up Garza for Thome, they already have Morneau from the left side. While they could definitely USE Thome, they're not going to trade their top pitching prospect for him, and they're also not going to pay $9-10 million for a DH, even if the White Sox sent all their Phillies money along with him.

Crede for Santana wouldn't be horrible.

We can get more than Milledge at this point for Dye. Milledge is parked on then bench with no place to play....while he's still a brighter prospect than Anderson, he's not viewed quite in the same light as Chris Young or Alex Gordon either.

Buehrle will get you something VERY nice in return. With Zambrano probably out of the FA race, Jason Jennings and Buehrle are the two best properties available this offseason. Under 4 ERA, he gets you a similar return to what the M's got back for Garcia from the Sox.

Garland for Hughes (or Homer Bailey)? What have you been smoking, and can I have some please?

Edited by caulfield12

Hahahahahahaha wow! This is the best thread ever! I'll give you $20 if ANY single one of those trades happen. And I'll furthermore guarantee you that Konerko is going nowhere. Thanks for the fun though, after the first two games I could definitely use some.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:20 AM)
I agree with everything you've said in your 2 well thought out, insightful, grammatically pristine posts except 1 thing. Why would Buehrle net you only a 2nd tier prospect but for Garland you can get who many believe to be the best pitching prospect in baseball? Is 1 year of guaranteed control really worth such a difference in talent?

I mean I agree that a league average pitcher like Garland is definitely enough to wrestle a player like Phillip Hughes away from the Yankees but similarly couldn't the Sox deal Buehrle for say Andrew Miller. Is there a reason why Contreras isn't included in this fine discussion? I heard the Reds have been shopping Homer Bailey around wouldn't they have some interest in one of the more talented starters in baseball in Jose Contreras?

I'll wait patiently for your answers as I'd like to keep this intelligent, lively discussion alive through the night. Some real good baseball talk should come of this.

Please stop baiting him...he can't be older than 14-15.

Although Garland is "league average" in K's, WHIP and ERA (probably a notch or two above), he's far from league average in wins.

I would be happy with the injured pitching prospect they got from the Tigers, Sanchez (I think).

Contreras actually destroyed the Reds with strikeouts last year, and he would be one of the best NL pitchers...they wouldn't give up Bailey for him, but they might if we included another player...enough to put them over the top and definite playoff contention for this year.

QUOTE(ScottyDo @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:31 AM)
Hahahahahahaha wow! This is the best thread ever! I'll give you $20 if ANY single one of those trades happen. And I'll furthermore guarantee you that Konerko is going nowhere. Thanks for the fun though, after the first two games I could definitely use some.

Crede for someone on the Angels has always been a possibility....Santana, Shields, Saunders, Figgins, Willits, Wood, Aybar, etc.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:32 AM)

I'm not bating anyone, I'm engaging in lively internet banter, something your small, inferior female brain is incapable of doing.

Although Garland is "league average" in K's, WHIP and ERA (probably a notch or two above), he's far from league average in wins.

I would be happy with the injured pitching prospect they got from the Tigers, Sanchez (I think).

FOR GARLAND??? You've got to be out of your mind. Like you said the guy knows how to win games, he has the MOST wins of ANY pitcher in BASEBALL over the past 2 SEASONS. Hughes or bust, the guy is unproven and makes too little money to play for the Yankees but he'd look great on the palehose!

Contreras actually destroyed the Reds with strikeouts last year, and he would be one of the best NL pitchers...they wouldn't give up Bailey for him, but they might if we included another player...enough to put them over the top and definite playoff contention for this year.

I know the Count owned the Reds last year, that's why I mentioned them as a possible trade partner, DUH!!11 I don't see why the Sox would have to include another player, what has Homer Bailey ever done at the major league level? About as much as you or I, that's how much. The Reds need to win NOW and a stud like Jose is just what the doctor ordered, in fact if I were Kenny Williams I start talks at Bailey and Bruce for Contreras. If Krivsky doesn't budge, tell him to f*** off!

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 02:34 AM)

Crede for someone on the Angels has always been a possibility....Santana, Shields, Saunders, Figgins, Willits, Wood, Aybar, etc.

I stand corrected, Crede for Santana could happen. You're right. He doesn't get $20 for that one though! I rescind my previous offer. I just hope they don't spring for any of the other players you listed. Even Figgins would get us nowhere. Santana or nothing.