Cartoons

LowerCaseRepublican

Funny, but being from Canada I'm not quite up to speed on American politics, who is the man on the right.  I know the 2 others are Cheney and Bush.

It's Karl Rove. He is one of the head GOP propagandists. He is the one who is the brainchild of a lot of the political spin that has been put out in the US.

Aw, nobody finds this the least bit funny?  Maybe it's a little too true or something?

As a conservative I do not find it really that funny.

I see the point it is trying to make, and perhaps the point is valid, I just don't wee why it is funny.

Also, America can not forget what happened on 9/11, and if it goes ignored, perhaps America will forget. America needs to be reminded, and if holding a convention is the way to remind then so be it.

Guest hotsoxchick1
It's a pretty morbid (and poor) attempt at humor, IMHO.

have to agree there yas......hell even after all this time gacy is still a sore spot in alot of peoples eyes.............i cant believe that someone would actually put him in a joke.........

have to agree there yas......hell even after all this time gacy is still a sore spot in alot of  peoples eyes.............i cant believe that someone would actually put him in a joke.........

I think the point of his comic was to be morbid. I mean how is the Bush GOP fest at NYC near where 9/11 took place any less morbid than the commentary about Gacy, Speck, etc.? Bush and Co. are cashing in on the deaths of those 3000+ people for more popularity. You all seem to be outraged that TT would suggest Bush cashing in on the deaths of Gacy, Speck, etc. for popularity but don't seem to mind the fact that he IS GOING TO cash in on the deaths of 9/11 for GOP popularity. Be outraged at Bush, not TT.

I think the point of his comic was to be morbid.  I mean how is the Bush GOP fest at NYC near where 9/11 took place any less morbid than the commentary about Gacy, Speck, etc.?  Bush and Co. are cashing in on the deaths of those 3000+ people for more popularity.  You all seem to be outraged that TT would suggest Bush cashing in on the deaths of Gacy, Speck, etc. for popularity but don't seem to mind the fact that he IS GOING TO cash in on the deaths of 9/11 for GOP popularity.  Be outraged at Bush, not TT.

Give me break. Nobody's "cashing in." Bush's campaign is going to center around a patriotic theme and recovery from the attacks. What better place than NYC to show the recovery?

I think the point of his comic was to be morbid.  I mean how is the Bush GOP fest at NYC near where 9/11 took place any less morbid than the commentary about Gacy, Speck, etc.?  Bush and Co. are cashing in on the deaths of those 3000+ people for more popularity.  You all seem to be outraged that TT would suggest Bush cashing in on the deaths of Gacy, Speck, etc. for popularity but don't seem to mind the fact that he IS GOING TO cash in on the deaths of 9/11 for GOP popularity.  Be outraged at Bush, not TT.

I'll "be outraged" at whom I choose. Thank you.

So what is it?  Morbid or funny?  Or do you just have a sad sense of humor?

I think showing the hypocricy of the Bush administration was the funny aspect of the cartoon.

I also think that the main point of it was to express the shock and outrage in a dark sort of way as to grasp peoples' attention to the topic and show how sickening Bush and the GOP's plan really is.