Gosh darn you Ryan Garko thread

Balta1701

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 03:51 PM)
As a side note, one of the funny things to watch here at ST over the past few days has been this threads title :P

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Wait yes I do.

Today's MB update.

Mark Buehrle's lower left arm was sore and his hand swollen Saturday, but it didn't keep the White Sox southpaw from venturing into the cold to play catch at U.S. Cellular Field.

Buehrle was hit in the left forearm by a line drive off the bat of Cleveland's Ryan Garko on Thursday, forcing him out of the game in the second inning. X-rays were negative and he was diagnosed with a bruise.

"My hand is a little swollen, so it felt like I was throwing a softball, but other than that, there were no problems," Buehrle said.

Buehrle, hoping to rebound from a sub-par second half last season that dropped his final record to 12-13 -- his only losing mark in seven seasons -- wants to make his next start Wednesday in Oakland. It could come down whether trainer Herm Schneider gives the OK.

"If it was my choice I will be [pitching]," Buehrle said. "But obviously Herm makes the final decision. Hes doing everything he can to get me ready. ... Herm has been working at it, getting everything out of there, and getting the swelling down as much as he can. It's definitely feeling pretty good."

If Buehrle isn't ready Wednesday, manager Ozzie Guillen could move Javier Vazquez, Saturday's starter, into the spot on just three days rest, or let reliever Nick Masset have a turn as a starter. But he's hoping Buehrle will recover in time.

"So far, it's good news," Guillen said."Hermie's real optimistic about that situation. Hopefully we stay with same rotation have right now."