Any interest in Rocco Baldelli?

caulfield12

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 12:11 PM)
once you get past the same position, same ethnic descent thing i really dont see a whole lot of similarities. i didn't realize baldelli has the power to hit 46 homers in a season or the ability to hit .382 for a whole year. maybe im missing something? :huh

Did I say Baldelli has the power to hit 46 homers and ability to hit .382???

NO! I said that they play similar games. Their swings are similar, and they play(ed?) a similar CF. Like I said, Baldelli doesn't have the talent of Dimaggio, but their games are similar!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 12:15 PM)
Did I say Baldelli has the power to hit 46 homers and ability to hit .382???

NO! I said that they play similar games. Their swings are similar, and they play(ed?) a similar CF. Like I said, Baldelli doesn't have the talent of Dimaggio, but their games are similar!

no, i realize you did say that he is a lesser version of joe D but i still disagree that they are comparable tools wise. joe D had much more power and was a much better contact hitter than baldelli (joe struck out 39 times as a rookie in 637 AB, while baldelli struck out 128 times in 637 AB as a rookie) so i wouldnt even say their swings are similar at all.

i guess that ends that discussion

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 11:39 AM)
That deal is done if it is only one of Broadway or Gio and a lower pitching prospect. Baldelli, Erstad, and Dye this year, and Baldelli, Fields, and Anderson next year? I like it.

Gio >> Broadway in terms of prospect rating

and no, Tampa won't accept anything less. They're not looking to give him away here, and it's not XBox. They have the leverage, and that's likely about the type of package they are looking for.

In other words, Baldelli will not be a member of the White Sox (unless KW has lost his friggin mind and overpaid like a sonofab****).

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 11:40 PM)
What happened with Sean Tracey?

as far as I could tell, this was never answered.

I don't know the extent of the details, but from what I could find from Google, it seems as though Tracey hit him with a pitch in AA, there was an exchanging of words, but nothing else during the inning. After the inning, Tracey went to apologize to him, and Dukes pushed him to the ground.

I can kind of see why Tracey would be afraid of hitting someone ;)

Elijah Dukes will never be a member of the White Sox organization.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 04:12 AM)
Dukes is the scariest mother f***er in baseball. Seriously, his teammates are afraid of him. (Fathom needs to chime in here.) Tampa will get rid of him the first time they get a reasonable offer.

They'd much rather deal with an injury prone outfielder than one that physically threatens his teammates on a regular basis.

I'm too scared of Dukes to start saying everything he's been involved in.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 02:28 PM)
I'm too scared of Dukes to start saying everything he's been involved in.

I hope you're being hyperbolic.

as far as I could tell, this was never answered.

I don't know the extent of the details, but from what I could find from Google, it seems as though Tracey hit him with a pitch in AA, there was an exchanging of words, but nothing else during the inning. After the inning, Tracey went to apologize to him, and Dukes pushed him to the ground.

I can kind of see why Tracey would be afraid of hitting someone

Wow.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 03:29 PM)
So what else has he done?

I'm having trouble finding stuff.

His father is a murderer.

He's been busted with drugs and playing loud music.

Shoved Tracey to the ground.

What else am I missing fathom?

Threatening the life of teammates, choking and punching his sister in 2005. etc