White Sox vs. Twins, 4/7/07 (W)

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 05:18 PM)
Did he throw any sliders in that sequence? And follow-up question, exactly how good is his new slider?

Zero.

It was about a 40-45 on the 20-80 scale last year. A below average pitch that he couldn't throw for strikes with regularity.

He looked to have much better command of it in Atlanta, and I would have graded it as an above average pitch from what I saw there. We haven't really seen it during the regular season though.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 06:21 PM)
Zero.

It was about a 40-45 on the 20-80 scale last year. A below average pitch that he couldn't throw for strikes with regularity.

He looked to have much better command of it in Atlanta, and I would have graded it as an above average pitch from what I saw there. We haven't really seen it during the regular season though.

Thanks for the input.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 10:23 PM)
The Sox love the pickoffs at 2B.

It's probably the most commonly messed up play in all of baseball. I think it has to do with the angle the 2B or SS is at, and how they don't have a lot of room to catch the ball with the runner taking up the entire 3rd base side of the bag.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 05:25 PM)
Can someone explain exactly what just happened for those of us relying on gameday?

Pods bunted his way on base, Erstad bunted him over, Reyes wild pickoff to 2nd ball into CF, bad relay Pods advances from 2nd to home on the missed pickoff.

Can someone explain exactly what just happened for those of us relying on gameday?
After coach visits the mound, they catch Pods too far off the bag and try a pickoff. Ball goes past the base and he scores. Pods was not runing full speed until he saw Shines waving him in, so it was pretty close at home. Edited by RME JICO

They tried to pick off pods at second. The throw hit second base and went into center. Pods ran from 2nd to home, with the throw coming just a little too late. Mauer blocked the plate nicely, it looks like pods might not of even touched the bag. Regardless, another run for the sox.

Yeah the commentators are saying he wasn't safe.

Recap:

Uribe with a homer

Podsednik with a bunt single thingy, Reyes missed the ball

Erstad with a sac bunt to move Pods to 2nd

Pickoff to second, bad throw, Pods scores from 2nd, Maur blocked it well

Commentators say Pods didn't touch the base, but they don't matter.