TONIGHT'S GAME POSTPONED

Heads22

QUOTE(SnB @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 04:09 PM)
how cold was it going to be?

that's weird for it to be called so soon.

I wouldn't call it weird, I call it prudent.

The Sox knew tonight's weather was going to be really brutal on the fans that were coming out (24 degrees with gusts that'll make it feel like it's 10 out. Maybe great football weather but this is baseball).

Good, quick decision by the club and I applaud them for it. The bullpen needs the rest anyway. The schedule makers should get the blame for this one. Twins play in a dome and they make these two teams play here in the first week in April? That's what I call stupid, not just weird.

And I hope the Twins start Santana Sun. Be fun to see them beat their best pitcher and give them some confidence heading to the House of Horrors in Oak.

Edited by Allsox

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 11:29 AM)
Stupid for having a night game first week in April! :chair

I remember a number of years back when they moved a night game to a day game because of cold weather. It was against Toronto. I think they made all seats like $10 and only had about 1,000 people show up. Well, I guess I know why they cancelled this one. $$$$$$ - The Re-sign Free Agents Fund -

Man, I am soo pissed right now. I was relly looking forward to see Danks first outing as a major leaguer, and no it will be post-poned a whole week. Well, I guess if Contreras completely breaks down again, we will see Danks on Sunday.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
A pessimistic guess, I guess.

Nope, just an educated guess. Gardenhire knows Santana dominates us, and he always tries to adjust his rotation to get him to face us. When you combine that with the fact that many stud pitchers don't like to alter their spot in the rotation, I'd say there's a 99 pct chance he pitches on Sunday. Believe me, I'd love for them to not have him pitch in this series.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 11:38 AM)
so they skip Javy i hope?

I want to see Danks so bad.

Also this is an absolute godsend for our bullpen to have an off day.

I don't want Javy to be skipped, because he is supposed to become our top guy, or something like that, and have some-sort of a breakout year.

I am okay that they postponed this game. For all of those die hard men's-men who say play it no matter what, remember you would be first on the list to b**** if someone got hurt because they tore something cramping up. I was looking forward to seeing Danks when I go tomorrow. Now I will just have to see Vaz dominate, and a whitesox winner. With Ponson/Silva we should be able to dominate. Its when "who shall not be named' pitches we are dead.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 11:39 AM)
I don't want Javy to be skipped, because he is supposed to become our top guy, or something like that, and have some-sort of a breakout year.

Based on fact or hope?