Will Santana still pitch Sunday?

caulfield12

Or will they elect to go with Ponson?

Interesting choice for Gardenhire, even though it's early in the season.

Would it be fair to let Danks go out there against Santana? Would OG then counter with Contreras (since he pitched only an inning plus) and push back Danks to a road start in Oakland, aka The German "Hellands" at the start of Gladiator.

Saturday: Vazquez vs Silva

Sunday: Contreras vs Santana

Monday: Garland vs Harden

Tuesday: Buehrle vs Haren

That's my best guess, it looks like they're just going to skip Danks' spot in the rotation and Gardy loves to get his best starter out there especially when it would be with full rest against the Sox. Win win for Gardenhire.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 06:27 PM)

That's my best guess, it looks like they're just going to skip Danks' spot in the rotation and Gardy loves to get his best starter out there especially when it would be with full rest against the Sox. Win win for Gardenhire.

Sun/Mon/Tues = gulp

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 11:27 AM)

With Buehrle taking that shot in the hand, I think the Sox would be crazy to skip Danks's spot in the rotation personally. Give MB this extra day as a gift. Heck, if Danks goes...we might be able to shuffle around the rotation enough to hold Mark out until the end of the Oakland series, giving him an extra day off with the offday on the 12th.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 01:32 PM)
Yeah, no s*** this is going to be pretty brutal. Especially that Tuesday game with Buehlre and his career 0-5, 4.86 ERA, 1.47 WHIP in Oakland.

Well, on the bright side, no Willie Harris in CF or D'Angelo Jimenez at 2B.

No fog or strange playing conditions, I hope.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 01:27 PM)

I think Danks will go on Monday, keeping Garland on regular rest, and giving Buehrle an extra day to recover.

That is a pretty rough stretch but Im not worried about our offense as much as I am our pitching. Our offense might be able to get some runs against these guys but if our pitchers continue to open the flood gates early it doesnt really matter. We cant slug with those guys on the mound.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 01:27 PM)

Revised:

Sunday: Danks vs Santana

Monday: Contreras vs Harden

Tuesday: Garland vs Haren

Wednesday: Buehrele vs Blanton

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 04:51 PM)
So the Score just lied on their 4:30 update? They said Danks would pitch Sunday with Vazquez throwing tomorrow. Way too much false information being thrown around by them today. Bastards.

No. It looks like that was the plan at Noon today. and it's changed since then. Score was right.

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/inside_th...4/pitching.html

Ozzie just called me to say that they have decided to have John Danks pitch Sunday against the Twins. Our rotation now is Vazquez (tomorrow), Danks, Contreras (at Oakland), Garland and TBA (depending on how Buehrle feels).