Good acting by AJ?

DrunkBomber

They were just talking about the last play of yesterdays game on PTI and it sounded like they were implying AJ did something to entice the HBP call. After watching the replay I really dont agree. To me it looked like he checked his swing. Just another reason to make AJ look cheap...Im glad hes on our side!

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 04:51 PM)
Total non story, only making a deal out of it cuz OMG IT'S AJ AND IT'S CONTROVERSIAL.

It hit him, would have hit 90% of other lefthanders as well.

I dont think it hit him actually. I just think the ump blew the call.

watching the game on my big screen, thought not in HDTV because I don't have it through cable down here in Texas because the girl is lazy and I was on a rig when we decided to upgrade, i didn't think it hit him. but i also don't think it matters. i mean bases loaded no outs, there is no way we don't score with the way we swing for the fences. there was going to be at least one ball deep enough to score dye, or did we PH for him, don't remember.

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 07:33 PM)
watching the game on my big screen, thought not in HDTV because I don't have it through cable down here in Texas because the girl is lazy and I was on a rig when we decided to upgrade, i didn't think it hit him. but i also don't think it matters. i mean bases loaded no outs, there is no way we don't score with the way we swing for the fences. there was going to be at least one ball deep enough to score dye, or did we PH for him, don't remember.

Not if they had Aardsma

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 07:33 PM)

El Duque disagrees. And David Aardsma agrees with El Duque.

:D

I'm fairly sure the Sox would have scored, although a strikeout and double play is never out of the question.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 04:51 PM)
OMG IT'S AJ AND IT'S CONTROVERSIAL.

It's funny cause I believe you said that exact same thing to me right when it happened. It clearly hit him and if this wasn't AJ, it's not getting talked about, period.

I know the White Sox have been struggling the first two games of the year, but truthfully, did anyone question whether we'd win?

Hell, even if the ball didn't hit him (which I'm fairly sure it did) I believe the count would have been 3-1.

Bases loaded, 0 outs, even a team stifled by Jeremy Sowers for six innings could have managed to scratch across one run from the immortal Roberto Hernandez.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

There's a side-angle shot where, in my opinion, you can see the ball's trajectory alter ever-so-slightly when it nicks AJ's elbow. And, as has been said earlier in this thread, the umpire probably went off of sound as opposed to sight.

QUOTE(Balance @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 11:48 AM)
There's a side-angle shot where, in my opinion, you can see the ball's trajectory alter ever-so-slightly when it nicks AJ's elbow. And, as has been said earlier in this thread, the umpire probably went off of sound as opposed to sight.

Balance is absolutely correct. The PTI segment only showed the straight-on replay in which it looks pretty obvious that that ball didn't hit AJ, but on the side view the ball definitely changes trajectory at the exact point of AJ's back arm, which you can't even see on the head-on view. It definitely hit him, Wilbon's just a huge Cubtard. I forgive him though.