Entourage

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 12, 2008 -> 08:28 PM)
Um, didn't see that coming.

It wasn't a great episode, but I thought Piven was particularly good in the last scene. I like how he took the character to a different place after Gray died.

I bet Vince ends up playing Joey Ramone in that script that bob sold to Gray.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
It wasn't a great episode, but I thought Piven was particularly good in the last scene. I like how he took the character to a different place after Gray died.

I bet Vince ends up playing Joey Ramone in that script that bob sold to Gray.

Piven should keep winning Emmy's for this show til it is off the air. Nobody is better.

Gotta say, last night's epsiode was definitely the best of the season so far, and probably one of all time for mine.

So much in comedy and plot development (with Ari).

The bit with E and the model, brilliant.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 01:57 PM)
Gotta say, last night's epsiode was definitely the best of the season so far, and probably one of all time for mine.

So much in comedy and plot development (with Ari).

The bit with E and the model, brilliant.

It was a good episode, but this season has been particularly slow to develop... I wish they would stop treading water and get the story moving in one direction. Vince has already had, and turned down two jobs. Its getting to be boring.. I understand that the show can't move the story forward 100 steps each episode, but this is getting to be silly.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 05:26 PM)
I agree. This season has been funny and it has a good story going so far, the thing is, they are progressing it sooooooooo damn slowly.

I bet Ari doesn't end up taking the job, but rather suggests Dana Gordon gets it while pleasing his wife and Vince.

He won't end up taking the position because, where's the intrigue in watching if Vince is able to have any role he wants under Ari? I can foresee an angle where, as you suggested, Dana is recommended for the position; under the condition Vince is given a role in Smoke Jumpers.

Also, is anyone more useless on that show than Turtle? God damn he's annoying. I've always thought he should be killed off, but when you think about it, every real-life entourage is probably full of Turtles who contribute nothing to their successful friend and leach off everything. I'd just wish the writers would make him less of an idiot. Nothing more pathetic than a small, fat, gangsta wannabe friend who talks s*** and does nothing with his life.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 05:40 PM)

He won't end up taking the position because, where's the intrigue in watching if Vince is able to have any role he wants under Ari? I can foresee an angle where, as you suggested, Dana is recommended for the position; under the condition Vince is given a role in Smoke Jumpers.

Also, is anyone more useless on that show than Turtle? God damn he's annoying. I've always thought he should be killed off, but when you think about it, every real-life entourage is probably full of Turtles who contribute nothing to their successful friend and leach off everything. I'd just wish the writers would make him less of an idiot. Nothing more pathetic than a small, fat, gangsta wannabe friend who talks s*** and does nothing with his life.

if Ari doesn't take the job.... I think the show jumps the shark. Unless there is a legitimate reason why he wouldn't take a job with sooo much more power, the show would cease to be the same

Also, Turtle is supposed to hook up with Jamie Lynn Sigler? GMAFB!

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 06:03 PM)

if Ari doesn't take the job.... I think the show jumps the shark. Unless there is a legitimate reason why he wouldn't take a job with sooo much more power, the show would cease to be the same

Also, Turtle is supposed to hook up with Jamie Lynn Sigler? GMAFB!

He won't take it so he doesn't piss off his wife who doesn't him working with Dana Gordon and so he could fully revive Vince's career.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 11:04 PM)
He won't take it so he doesn't piss off his wife who doesn't him working with Dana Gordon and so he could fully revive Vince's career.

Ari doesn't need to hire Dana Gordon, she wants the job. Ari wont take the job because its a television show... and it would disturb the chemistry of the show too much if Ari was suddenly a studio head and not taking shroom vacations with the gang. Still, it feels disingenuous to the character. If the character that this show has created was offered the position, he'd take it because he is shrewd and it would be a huge ego boost. Yes, he loves his family. Yes, he loves Vince. That being said it would be too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Also, if Jerry Ferrera is actually dating Jamie-Lynn Sigler... it should be enough proof that Bill Maher is right, there is no god. (kidding)

--- yes I understand arguing the genuineness of a television character is waste of time. However, im an asshole.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 01:46 AM)
Turtle is unbearable.

Indeed.

I for one, would love for Ari to take the job, just to see the new direction that it would take.

Maybe Ari takes is, doesn't like it, and therefore goes back to hild old position.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 09:18 AM)
Indeed.

I for one, would love for Ari to take the job, just to see the new direction that it would take.

Maybe Ari takes is, doesn't like it, and therefore goes back to hild old position.

Going from one to the other then back would be even more unrealistic, IMO.

QUOTE (Steff @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 10:16 AM)
Going from one to the other then back would be even more unrealistic, IMO.

Well maybe he gets undermimed by his #2 or something, but it would be an interesting storyline.

I'd just like to see him branch out from the agency a bit, although the storyline with Jeffrey Tambor on the weekend was hilarious to say the least.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 06:03 PM)

I wouldn't have doubted Ari accepting the position for one second were it not for the sappy ending to last week's episode. Somber music included. Vince saying "I thought we were going to ride it out through the end" was ridiculous. Hey, asshole, from his new job he'll still be assisting your career.

Another thought that jumps into my head is perhaps he's offered a job under the condition Vince's presence in movies isn't left up to Ari, alone. Others have to make the decision. You just know there will be some twist. Hopefully not one of the M. Night variety.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 11:55 AM)

I wouldn't have doubted Ari accepting the position for one second were it not for the sappy ending to last week's episode. Somber music included. Vince saying "I thought we were going to ride it out through the end" was ridiculous. Hey, asshole, from his new job he'll still be assisting your career.

Another thought that jumps into my head is perhaps he's offered a job under the condition Vince's presence in movies isn't left up to Ari, alone. Others have to make the decision. You just know there will be some twist. Hopefully not one of the M. Night variety.

You make good points sir, I think the writers have a doozy on their hands. I like the idea that vince's career is in the toilet... but I don't think they needed to take it this deep or this far off the main path.

Also, what happened to the Kevin's deal with his clients... thats a pretty important side plot, and they've left that idle for 2-3 weeks now. I'm sure they will tie it up, but it seems silly that they left things so up in the air. But hey, writing good television isn't easy, or else we'd all be doing it -- so i'll give them a lot of credit.

I'm just getting into the Entourage series. I watched a couple episodes in the past, but I never was able to make it a commitment to watch all the time. But, as of last night, I'm all caught up thanks to On Demand. I am f***ing hooked on this show.

Yesterday's episode was great, although the show is moving slow this season, I really am enjoying the enhanced storylines. Personally, this season has been my favorite, I think the episodes have been great and the humor has been there as well. But the writing in my opinion has been the best this season.

Ari's move was so predictable. Like many said, if he takes the movie head gig, the show loses some of its value. I have a feeling Smokejumpers won't work out quite as planned — but that is pretty obvious.

Edited by maggsmaggs

imo this is the worst season. All the characters besides ari are unlikeable now. I don't really care if Vince fails after his mexico thing. And like people said, what type of friend would prevent another from a 10 million dollar job.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 27, 2008 -> 11:24 PM)
imo this is the worst season. All the characters besides ari are unlikeable now. I don't really care if Vince fails after his mexico thing. And like people said, what type of friend would prevent another from a 10 million dollar job.

This season is meh. I've gotten to the point where I don't look forward to watching it like I used to. I just force myself to watch now.