Entourage

Kyyle23

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 27, 2008 -> 11:24 PM)
imo this is the worst season. All the characters besides ari are unlikeable now. I don't really care if Vince fails after his mexico thing. And like people said, what type of friend would prevent another from a 10 million dollar job.

Another issue I have with the characters is "E." I don't know exactly when it occurred, but I've grown to dislike him. Would anyone be friends with this guy in real life if he had the same personality as the show? He's one step below Turtle in overall obnoxiousness. Cmon, was anything funnier than watching Eric tell the one Weinstein to "WALK AWAY" in his tough guy tone? hahahaha. I would have kicked his ass around the sidewalk. Eric just comes off as this smug asshole suffering from little guy syndrome. I understand his value to the show, though. He at least has ambition and intelligence.

Judging from the previews of next weeks episode, Vince has issues with the director of Smoke Jumpers. If they ever mentioned his name I missed it. I'm guessing, because these twists seem to be predictable, that this director has some sort of studio connection which screws Vince; and a rule is put in place where he isn't automatically given roles for the studio Dana is president of.

Another thought is Dana and Ari have an affair, then Ari's wife divorces him. Complicating things between Dana/Ari/Vince.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FT, exactly. When that part happened with Eric telling him to walk away, is when me and my roommate looked at eachother and rolled our eyes. They are caricatures of themselves, I think the writers are turning them into shallow visions of what they think guys think cool guys are, they just party buy s***, f*** and talk s***. It's annoying. The banter is rarely funny anymore and they have weird forced laughs they didn't used to have to signify that yes, it was an attempt at a joke.

But that said, on your ari prediction, that seems outside his character. But what does character development mean to this show anymore.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 06:43 PM)
Another issue I have with the characters is "E." I don't know exactly when it occurred, but I've grown to dislike him. Would anyone be friends with this guy in real life if he had the same personality as the show? He's one step below Turtle in overall obnoxiousness. Cmon, was anything funnier than watching Eric tell the one Weinstein to "WALK AWAY" in his tough guy tone? hahahaha. I would have kicked his ass around the sidewalk. Eric just comes off as this smug asshole suffering from little guy syndrome. I understand his value to the show, though. He at least has ambition and intelligence.

Judging from the previews of next weeks episode, Vince has issues with the director of Smoke Jumpers. If they ever mentioned his name I missed it. I'm guessing, because these twists seem to be predictable, that this director has some sort of studio connection which screws Vince; and a rule is put in place where he isn't automatically given roles for the studio Dana is president of.

Another thought is Dana and Ari have an affair, then Ari's wife divorces him. Complicating things between Dana/Ari/Vince.

Well Eric is the main character of the show, so he's going to be playing a huge part in any episode as Vinny's manager. And yes, I'm not speaking out of my ass, it's been confirmed by Doug Ellin, the show's main character is E contrary to popular belief. Now E and the boys are from Queens, so they have tough skin. That's why you saw everyone back him up. If you haven't noticed, E is the mouthpiece for the group.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 11:37 AM)
Yeah me too.Hearing her talk dirty really was enjoyable with it sounding so genuine on top of that.

Meh. That line at the end where she says "Yeah, well I woulda f***ed him too" was ubber-lame. Sorry, not believable in the slightest that she would do any of that with Turtle. It would have been much more believable if the hand job would have happened an episode or two down the line after they got to know each other.

I'm in the camp with those that think the show has gone from a must watch every Sunday to a forced watch. At the end of last season I was ready to drop it from the Sunday night line-up, but I kept with it, if only to see the hot girls. So far I've only been slightly repaid for my investment in it. It seems like every other episode is entertaining (the best this season have been the Ari episodes...as per usual)

My big complaint is that the show hasn't evolved at all. It was cool in the beginning because it was a show about 4 "normal" guys who live out every guys' fantasy - single with tons of money and tons of hot chicks to bang. Then it got into some stupid plot elements with Vince, and absolutely no plot development with any other character (nothing too serious anyway). Basically they've kept this mold without changing, but at this point it's just getting old. The "wow" factor of the first season has completely warn off - we need something new.

I don't have a problem with E, at least they've tried to do something with his character (though still not enough if he's truly the main character... if he is why didn't they have Ari become the studio head and have E step in as Vince's agent?). Turtle is quiet enough that he doesn't bother me. The worst is Drama. He's the most annoying character with his rants about nothing. It made sense for him to be the "know it all" in the first season, when Vince was a new star and big brother wanted to talk about his experiences in Hollywood. But at this point Vince is ten times more famous (and successful), so it's just stupid (and annoying) for Drama to keep up with that schtick. I get that that's his personality, but at some point in real life someone would have told him to shut up. Plus he constantly whines. It was funny at first, but like everything with this show, it got old.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 11:54 AM)
Meh. That line at the end where she says "Yeah, well I woulda f***ed him too" was ubber-lame. Sorry, not believable in the slightest that she would do any of that with Turtle. It would have been much more believable if the hand job would have happened an episode or two down the line after they got to know each other.

Yeah, so you know she's banging him in real life right? Im not so sure Jerry is that different from Turtle.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 11:54 AM)

I'm in the camp with those that think the show has gone from a must watch every Sunday to a forced watch. At the end of last season I was ready to drop it from the Sunday night line-up, but I kept with it, if only to see the hot girls. So far I've only been slightly repaid for my investment in it. It seems like every other episode is entertaining (the best this season have been the Ari episodes...as per usual)

My big complaint is that the show hasn't evolved at all. It was cool in the beginning because it was a show about 4 "normal" guys who live out every guys' fantasy - single with tons of money and tons of hot chicks to bang. Then it got into some stupid plot elements with Vince, and absolutely no plot development with any other character (nothing too serious anyway). Basically they've kept this mold without changing, but at this point it's just getting old. The "wow" factor of the first season has completely warn off - we need something new.

I don't have a problem with E, at least they've tried to do something with his character (though still not enough if he's truly the main character... if he is why didn't they have Ari become the studio head and have E step in as Vince's agent?). Turtle is quiet enough that he doesn't bother me. The worst is Drama. He's the most annoying character with his rants about nothing. It made sense for him to be the "know it all" in the first season, when Vince was a new star and big brother wanted to talk about his experiences in Hollywood. But at this point Vince is ten times more famous (and successful), so it's just stupid (and annoying) for Drama to keep up with that schtick. I get that that's his personality, but at some point in real life someone would have told him to shut up. Plus he constantly whines. It was funny at first, but like everything with this show, it got old.

Well it's also based loosely off Wahlberg's and Leo DiCaprio's careers. The real Drama is actually Wahlberg's cousin. And no matter what, doesn't matter if you turn 34 years old, don't you ever find people still giving you advice on life? It's not uncommon or out of this world to see Drama giving Vinny advice still. As far as E not becoming his manager, it's because they need to tie Ari and Vince together. Everyone's biggest complaints about the show beside Dom's first appearance was when Ari wasn't Vince's agent. Now with Ari sticking it out with Vinny, you people are getting mad? I mean think about it, Ari becomes studio head. Okay, what complications does he have as a studio head that would tie to Vince? Basically Ari really wouldn't have any major problems and nowhere the interaction with Vinny his agent would have. Ari not with Vince and the guys ruins the whole show's dynamic.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 30, 2008 -> 05:56 AM)
Well it's also based loosely off Wahlberg's and Leo DiCaprio's careers. The real Drama is actually Wahlberg's cousin. And no matter what, doesn't matter if you turn 34 years old, don't you ever find people still giving you advice on life? It's not uncommon or out of this world to see Drama giving Vinny advice still. As far as E not becoming his manager, it's because they need to tie Ari and Vince together. Everyone's biggest complaints about the show beside Dom's first appearance was when Ari wasn't Vince's agent. Now with Ari sticking it out with Vinny, you people are getting mad? I mean think about it, Ari becomes studio head. Okay, what complications does he have as a studio head that would tie to Vince? Basically Ari really wouldn't have any major problems and nowhere the interaction with Vinny his agent would have. Ari not with Vince and the guys ruins the whole show's dynamic.

I'm just saying why introduce that story line where Ari would have to choose? They could've just given it to dana gordon, but they had to have us believe that Ari would give up a 10 million dollar offer to be with his friends, and that's fine, whatever, but the way all the people around him were treating him like s*** for wanting to move up. You don't hold back your friends. It was just not believable, everyone was acting out of character.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 30, 2008 -> 01:30 AM)
I'm just saying why introduce that story line where Ari would have to choose? They could've just given it to dana gordon, but they had to have us believe that Ari would give up a 10 million dollar offer to be with his friends, and that's fine, whatever, but the way all the people around him were treating him like s*** for wanting to move up. You don't hold back your friends. It was just not believable, everyone was acting out of character.

Maybe that's an occurrence which came up. It's a good plotline. He has a choice to make in which he would be in a ton of power, cast whoever he wants for movies and for movies he wants to make all while making 10 million a year. You forget though, he runs his own agency right now, he's his own boss and Vinny and the guys are basically his best friends. Plus his wife doesn't like the fact that he would be working with Dana Gordon if he did take the job. There are a ton of people who rather live comfortably with friends and family than live an extravagant lifestyle. I mean he already has a Ferrari, a nice huge house, could buy his family anything they want. So what more else is there?

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 30, 2008 -> 12:27 PM)
Maybe that's an occurrence which came up. It's a good plotline. He has a choice to make in which he would be in a ton of power, cast whoever he wants for movies and for movies he wants to make all while making 10 million a year. You forget though, he runs his own agency right now, he's his own boss and Vinny and the guys are basically his best friends. Plus his wife doesn't like the fact that he would be working with Dana Gordon if he did take the job. There are a ton of people who rather live comfortably with friends and family than live an extravagant lifestyle. I mean he already has a Ferrari, a nice huge house, could buy his family anything they want. So what more else is there?

I'm starting to think you're a writer for the show or something. :P

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 30, 2008 -> 12:27 PM)

Yeah but that whole line about him being his own boss isn't true right? He might be the main guy of the agency, but financially it's all backed by one of his partners. Plus, he'll be the HEAD of a studio. The only person above him would be, you guessed it, the guy that is financially backing him.

On top of that, Ari's character has been ALL about money and status. I have to think that becoming a studio head gets you both of those.

I found that storyline intriguing, but I do think it was a bit out of character for him to say no.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 03:56 PM)
Did a new episode air last night? No comments today is a bit surprising.

Yeah it did.

Was bit a of a "meh" episode I thought.

Didn't like the Ari Gold storyline, and there was basically no mention about the studio job except for the Watch.

Vince just seems to be going through the motions etc. Hopefully it's building up to something, but last night was definitely one of the weakest, if not, the weakest of the season so far.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 10:35 PM)
Sloane needs to eat a hamburger...way too skinny. Ari's speech at the luncheon was golden.

I disagree, I think she looked unreal. Its amazing those boobs are natural, and even in that loose dress I could see how phenomenal her ass is.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 10, 2008 -> 09:48 AM)
I disagree, I think she looked unreal. Its amazing those boobs are natural, and even in that loose dress I could see how phenomenal her ass is.

Those boobs are natural? [citation required]

Ari's Speech at the luncheon secured Jeremy Piven another Emmy win... unreal.

Alas, it was the only good part of the episode... the thing with Seth Green was kinda lame, but it was only there to set up E and Sloane getting back together (presumably).

The whole thing with Vince and the director could have been a good way to develop vince as an actor (learning to act rather than just being a star) but it looks like its going to be another Hollywood storyline, Ari fighting the director for vince. I guess thats ok because the show is more about being in hollywood than general character development, but it still leaves something to be desired.