White Sox vs. Twins, 4/8/07 (L)

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 11:29 AM)
JD Version April 2005?

Well, those who weren't willing to give him $45 million for 3 years are being validated so far.

He's been in a bit of a funk as he got a little pull happy when he was got so red hot during spring training and has to work his way back and get that timing back. It happens but right now he's definitely not on and needs to be real focused with going to RF.

One thing about Danks is he has a great pickoff move. So keep an eye on that this season. But he's definitely got some nerves and its effecting his release point on the curve and my guess is this will be a pretty long day.

But its his first start and this is outing is all about getting his feet wet. The thing I like is even with him throwing predominantly fastballs, it seems as if the hitters have trouble squaring them up (so if he does have a couple good secondary pitches getting in the zone it will be even harder for teams to square him up).

I noticed the same thing all spring. There was a decent curve to Hunter...now you show the same one but dump it right onto the plate.