Jaws the Movie

Texsox

26 members have voted

1. 1. Was the orginal Jaws a . . .

• Horror Movie
    • Scary Action/Suspense
    • Never saw it, dude, you are like soooo old :-)

Help settle a bet. Was Jaws (the original) a horror movie or something else, perhaps a scary action/suspense? We are planning on showing it this summer at my Camp. Midnight movie, out under the pavillion, surrounded by the Gulf of Mexico.

Sounds like fun to me,.

I put scary suspense.

I actually recently saw Jaws the return on tv and put it on for a while and it was one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever seen. One of Jaws relatives follows the family that killed him somewhere on vacation and torments him. Then he jumps on a boat and eats Mario Van Peebles then when he gets killed Mario Van Peebles was alive chilling in the sharks stomach????????

I've usually heard it considered as horror, but I've always thought of it more as, I guess how you put it, "scary action/suspense." That one and Alien/Aliens. Considered horror but not what I typically think of as horror movies.

I know we got a horror movie expert on here so I'm curious to see what he says. :P

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 12:19 PM)
Help settle a bet. Was Jaws (the original) a horror movie or something else, perhaps a scary action/suspense? We are planning on showing it this summer at my Camp. Midnight movie, out under the pavillion, surrounded by the Gulf of Mexico.

Sounds like fun to me,.

What are you trying to do - see how many kids you can scar for life in one sitting?!?!! :bang

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 12:09 PM)
What are you trying to do - see how many kids you can scar for life in one sitting?!?!! :bang

Yes we are. My program directorm who happens to be a sweet third grade teacher with grown children has an evil streak I really enjoy. She's waiting until Thursday to show the movie so at least most of their week is over, they leave on Saturday. :D

I have a pretty good Fender PA system coming and may add a sub woofer just for the dum dum dum of the movie. I think the realism of being out there on the water and all the sounds will add something, And finally, the coolest part are all the dolphins that are seen swimming in our waters, Or are those great whites ;)

I think there is a definite comparison between Alien/Aliens and Jaws/The-rest-of-the-Jaws-piece-of-craps-they-threw-at-us in regards to Horror and Scary Suspense/action. Both of the first movies werent necassarily about the appearance and scariness of the creature, they were about the suspense of knowing its somewhere out of sight doing awful things. The sequel movies concentrated on crazy deaths and gore, and were more horror to me. I dont know, its a fun question though.

Me and some buddies from work have had similar discussions and bets as of late. Lately they have been involving battles between stars from 80's cartoons and who would win. You would be amazed at how many people have butted in and offered their own scenarios, its hilarious.

Well the typical genre's according to IMDB are:

Action, Adventure, Animation, Biography,

Comedy, Crime, Documentary, Drama,

Family, Fantasy, Film-Noir, Game-Show,

History, Horror, Music, Musical,

Mystery, News, Reality-TV, Romance,

Sci-Fi, Short, Sport, Talk-Show,

Thriller, War, Western

If I had to label it with one genre it would have to be Horror.