White Sox vs. A's, 4/09/07 (W)

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 03:25 AM)
Thome entered the game with an OPS over 1.000 against RHP this year.

I have no problem with Thome vs RHP. I just didn't think he could catch up to Harden's heater. I'm thrilled we're being more aggressive on 3-0 counts this year.

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 03:34 AM)
it looks like paulie is being really hard on himself so far this year. I hate to see him press too much and get into a big slump. Hopefully he gets some hits and eases up.

He's trying real hard to go the other way right now. He'll be fine....he had some good ABs this wknd.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 10:31 PM)
I was waiting for this post.

Who gives a rat ass? It's a guaranteed run.

There were two outs in the inning against a tough pitcher. We don't have time/outs to try and drop bunts, steal, and move runners over.

Has a fanbase ever made the HR appear to be as evil as Sox fans do? And it's so nice to see Pods playing well.

I always had faith in your resurgance Pods...even if Soxtalk.com didn't! It's an odd numbered year...I don't know why anyone would doubt the mighty Pods in an odd numbered year!

Count is finding his groove!

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 03:37 AM)
Has a fanbase ever made the HR appear to be as evil as Sox fans do? And it's so nice to see Pods playing well.

Good point. With our offensive personnel, playing smallball is usually a bad idea. People that think hitting homers is bad are the same people who think we didn't win in 2004 due to Carlos Lee swinging for the fences, etc.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not just the fans, our manager said we hit "too many" home runs last year.

Well it looks like the Sox are in good shape. I pitched Harden in my league where we count losses and benched Contreras on my other team.

I'll see the final in the morning.