White Sox vs. A's, 4/09/07 (W)

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm not sure who the last out of the 8th is on. I mean, once Crede saw Thome make a serious break for home then going to second is the right move in order to keep the rally going. Did Thome get the sign from Shines or what?

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 11:34 PM)
Yeah, I'm not sure who the last out of the 8th is on. I mean, once Crede saw Thome make a serious break for home then going to second is the right move in order to keep the rally going. Did Thome get the sign from Shines or what?

They were being really agressive and fouled up. Not a huge deal. Sometimes that doesnt work.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 04:20 AM)
Podsednik NEEDS to swing more often. Just put the ball in play. He doesn't have a poor swing or anything.

Obviously, the biggest complaint we've had about him is his 49 called third strikes last year. I couldn't agree with you more though....when he's aggressive at the plate, he's a much better hitter. He gets in trouble sometimes when he tries to be crafty at the plate. He doesn't have the Ichiro/Pierre like slap ability.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 11:35 PM)
This bullpen has been such a nice surprise to open the season.

I dont know about you, but i expected them to be hard to hit. I just didnt expect some of this pin point control. MMAC has looked unhittable. AAArdsma is the real surprse.

Just got in from running (ran for 1:45 to avoid watching) and have seen nothing but this thread. I thought Contreras was getting shelled.

I said earlier Pods is looking good and JD needs a day off but Guillen won't sit him until he is out of his funk.

I also believe the hittin is what is going to hurt us this season more than the pitching.

McDougal went two innings? Good move.