White Sox vs. A's, 4/09/07 (W)

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 11:37 PM)
Just got in from running (ran for 1:45 to avoid watching) and have seen nothing but this thread. I thought Contreras was getting shelled.

I said earlier Pods is looking good and JD needs a day off but Guillen won't sit him until he is out of his funk.

I also believe the hittin is what is going to hurt us this season more than the pitching.

McDougal went two innings? Good move.

He was wild, but has since settled down. MMAC was awesome and the hitting is coming around. Scotty PODS has done nothing but prove alot of doubters wrong. He has been electric. Erstad even when playing terrible finds a way to make an impact, and Thome is heating up.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 10:38 PM)
He was wild, but has since settled down. MMAC was awesome and the hitting is coming around. Scotty PODS has done nothing but prove alot of doubters wrong. He has been electric. Erstad even when playing terrible finds a way to make an impact, and Thome is heating up.

I am warming the crow on Pods and it is great to see. If he does this than Erstad can do the off stat sheet things that help win games.

I always loved McDougal and Aardesma seemed to have the make-up.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)
The control was the issue for me to. I just had images of Sisco-Aardsma-Masset coming in being wild, not being able to find the zone at all, and we really haven't seen it yet. We will, there is no question it will happen, but so far, all these guys have done what Ozzie has asked, and each one of them has gotten big outs for this club already. It's just very refreshing to see, and whats even better is that we know these guys are still young, and have room to improve.

The downside is that a few of these guys could/should be in our rotation in the future. Masset for sure, but Sisco could be really good as a starter, too.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 04:40 AM)
The control was the issue for me to. I just had images of Sisco-Aardsma-Masset coming in being wild, not being able to find the zone at all, and we really haven't seen it yet. We will, there is no question it will happen, but so far, all these guys have done what Ozzie has asked, and each one of them has gotten big outs for this club already. It's just very refreshing to see, and whats even better is that we know these guys are still young, and have room to improve.

It's all about getting ahead in the count for nearly every one of our relievers. MacDougal seems like it's very hard to get the ball in the air against him. Sisco still worries me, but as long as he's around the zone, people will chase his wild stuff (like Cirillo on Saturday). Hopefully we didn't jinx Jenks, and he can make this a Sox winner.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)

The thing is, they have the stuff to pitch over walks see Aardesma in the Cleveland loss. The guy that seemingly can not is Jenks. He seems to be either three up three down or gives it up.

Play Ozuna and Mack over Cintron I think the elbow is screwing him up.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 04:41 AM)
The downside is that a few of these guys could/should be in our rotation in the future. Masset for sure, but Sisco could be really good as a starter, too.

Personally, I'd rather keep Sisco in the pen. He has a long, long way to go to be efficient enough with his control where he can be a starter. I also think Masset might be better off as a set-up man, but it's hard to tell with him.