The Sopranos

RibbieRubarb

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 01:21 PM)
Just grasping for anything here, if Paulie really is working with the NY family, he may have lied to Tony about Silvio's imminent death.

We keep forgetting Patsi Parisi was nowhere to be found after Silvio's shooting. Could he be working both sides and even setting his son up with Meadow to get more inside info on Tony?

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)
We keep forgetting Patsi Parisi was nowhere to be found after Silvio's shooting. Could he be working both sides and even setting his son up with Meadow to get more inside info on Tony?

Due to his son's profession, I don't think Patsi has much conversation with him.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 01:36 PM)

And I bet Patsy's harboring a grudge against Tony for the death of his twin brother. Not sure I agree with it, but it's definitely plausible. His running away can be construed as either fear or part of the hit.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 02:38 PM)
Due to his son's profession, I don't think Patsi has much conversation with him.

True...I don't think it was a literal conversation he had with him about it. But he may slyly pushed him towards her.

Still...Where was Patsi?

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
True...I don't think it was a literal conversation he had with him about it. But he may slyly pushed him towards her.

Still...Where was Patsi?

I don't think Patsi's son gives Patsi the time of day.

Where was he... the chicken s*** was likely still running.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 01:48 PM)

That's what's great. It can be looked at two ways. He might not be with Tony at the end because he's scared that he left Silvio for dead and ran, or he might have been part of the hit in the first place.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)

I still love the moment when he put the gun to Gloria and told her it was time to leave Tony alone. Good stuff.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
That's what's great. It can be looked at two ways. He might not be with Tony at the end because he's scared that he left Silvio for dead and ran, or he might have been part of the hit in the first place.

He's too stupid for the latter to be an option, IMO.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
I still love the moment when he put the gun to Gloria and told her it was time to leave Tony alone. Good stuff.

Or when he pissed in Tony's pool.

How many other shows gave their lower-teir characters such great moments?

Ah...good times. I'll miss this show.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 01:34 PM)
Something wasn't right about Paulie. I said that a few times during the episode.

OK, So my own post about the Ginny comment got me thinking and IIRC, Paulie being with NY is not a logical possibility.

Recall back to season 4 (I think) when Carmine Lupatazzi was still the NY boss and Johnny was telling Paulie that Carmine thought the world of him to shoot some sunshine up Paulie's ass and build up his trust and get some info... that resulted in Paulie repeating the Ginny comment and him also dishing about the HUD scam - which was a major issue with Tony, John, and Carmine.

Fast forward a few episodes - possibly even the start of season 5 - and Paulie spotted Carmine in a restaurant and he went over to say hi and pay his respects, bla, bla, bla. Carmine didn't even know who he was. And Paulie said, "Didn't Johnny tell you about me?" and Carmine said no. That's when Paulie found out he was being used. Carmine went poof soon after that and Paulie had a bad taste for John ever since. I don't think he was ever close with Phil, but I do think Phil remembers that Paulie did give up a bit of info in the past so that's why he wasn't on the hit list.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 12:47 PM)
It is crazy. My blood-pressure was up and I was freaking out. Amazing how wrapped up you can get in a good show like this.

And it seems pretty obvious to me that Paulie is working with the NY family. I say Tony kills Paulie next week.

f***in Foughettabboutit

I strongly doubt Paulie is working with New York or anything like that. Now that Nucci is dead Tony is really all that Paulie has left.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 03:34 PM)
I strongly doubt Paulie is working with New York or anything like that. Now that Nucci is dead Tony is really all that Paulie has left.

Ya, I dont think he is either. Im sure all the questions will be answered next week. I wonder how theyre gonna jam all this into an hour show.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 02:34 PM)

Ooh, so true. Maybe Paulie dies by somehow defending Tony, possibly even taking a bullet for him.

So many possibilities. I cannot freaking wait.

Wikipedia says the last episode is 61 minutes long. I like that it's actually longer than most other episodes.

"End times, the rapture, huh?"

A friend of mine does the closed captioning for The Sopranos. She's legally bound to keep her mouth shut (the whole office had to sign a document, apparently). I got her loaded and still couldn't get any details from her, except that they received the final episode weeks ago but the final scene was left out, which she won't get until this week (HBO secrecy). And she claims that the final scene holds the answer to Tony's fate. I can't wait.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 01:21 PM)
Just grasping for anything here, if Paulie really is working with the NY family, he may have lied to Tony about Silvio's imminent death.

I dont think he is, they were debating killing him even.

Good stuff here. I think I am going to have to watch last night's episode again tomorrow night. I still think we need a 2-hour finale next Sunday. Will they at least have an hour "reunion" type show??

And in the totally random info category, Jessica Alba is on The Tonight Show right now and she looks smokin' hot in lovely high definition!!

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 11:11 PM)
And in the totally random info category, Jessica Alba is on The Tonight Show right now and she looks smokin' hot in lovely high definition!!

^^^^^^

And not only does she look awesome, she got a bubbly personality and if possible, is even more attractive!

Nobody really knows this, but I do a small radio show on a local station up here in Lake County on Saturday afternoons. I contacted Alan Sepinwall and he has agreed to come on, but we have to figure out a day.

I would love to have him on LIVE for phone calls but he may not be available on weekends.

I will of course let everyone know when it will happen in case you are interested in listening.

Alan definitely won't be able to come on LIVE, but would love to get questions from listeners. If you want to bring up a topic for me to ask him, just PM me with the question, your name, and location, and I will do so.

Thanks guys.