AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

shoota

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 11:58 PM)
It's still early by the way.

Yeah, it is early, which is why I'm cautiously optimistic about Podsednik. If he does continue his good play, I'd like to see Guillen rest him often so he doesn't break down like in the second half of 2005. Podsednik's obviously a fragile flower, so Guillen needs to nurture it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 12:22 AM)
who is that left fielder and what has he done with Scott Podsednik

Podsednik must have cheated on Lisa Dergan with one heck of a slump buster.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 11:22 PM)
who is that left fielder and what has he done with Scott Podsednik
I'm not all that surprised to be honest because this is right on target with his career path thus far. He's the Saberhagen of swift leadoff punch and judy outfielders...good year, bad year, good year, bad year, good year.

QUOTE(shoota @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 12:18 AM)
Yeah, it is early, which is why I'm cautiously optimistic about Podsednik. If he does continue his good play, I'd like to see Guillen rest him often so he doesn't break down like in the second half of 2005. Podsednik's obviously a fragile flower, so Guillen needs to nurture it.

Soxtalk myth.

QUOTE(bardsroom attendant @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 12:28 AM)
I'm not all that surprised to be honest because this is right on target with his career path thus far. He's the Saberhagen of swift leadoff punch and judy outfielders...good year, bad year, good year, bad year, good year.

bardsroom attendant........you serve the mashed potatoes or the corn?

KW knows what he is doing. Good thing the Sox didn't blow 50 million on Matthews Jr. or Pierre. Good job Pods! Keep it up so that every other post on Soxtalk will NOT be spewing hate at you. Screw Oakland. Screw Santana. Time to start winning where the Sox "aren't supposed to". Another fine outing by MacDougal too.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 12:49 AM)
Running wise? f*** yes. Considering how terrible he was on the basepaths for that period of time, I'd say he's was pretty ineffective as a leadoff hitter.

Yes, from a SB standpoint, he was not the same from August on. That's far from "He tanked the second half."

He had one bad month in 2005. August. Happened to be the same month he spent most of it on the DL.

September 2005 BA/OBP: .337/.386

October 2005 BA/OBP/SLG/OPS .286/.397/.551/.948

I'd hardly call that ineffective.

Edited by Jordan4life_2007

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 12:55 AM)
Not just you. Just about 90% of soxtalk including myself. And I'll gladly be on his nuts/eat crow, etc.. if he keeps doing this the whole season. :)

Great win, Count way to man up despite the other things going on privatly if true. Your the man. :cheers

I'd just like to take the opportunity to point out that I'm not one of them. See, on the few occasions where I'm lucky enough to be right, I'd better rub it in before people notice it's not a trend.

Awesome game! Very little to dislike about this outting!

In soxtalk tradition, though, I have to point out the hilarity of Erstad's swings v. Harden. If we ever face Harden again, I hope ozzie benches him. I mean he swung at and missed like 5 pitches that were exactly the same. I couldn't tell exactly what they were, looked like 2 seamers maybe, but he didn't come within 2 feet of them any time, except once at which point he meekly fouled it off. He got an infield hit, though, can't question his work ethic.

Also, I'd like to see Jermaine try to punch it the other way for a little bit, he can't keep trying to pull everything if he's gonna break out.

Anywho, like I said, a fantastic outting!

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 11:54 PM)
Which attendant are you, there are only 3....how is roy as a boss?

Sorry to disappoint, pards, it's only a screen name. I can't even cook very well...Although I'd love to have Roy as a boss...I hear he's pretty cool, but that's just what I hear as a fan, who knows?

I am very happy that Pods is making me look like a fool. We need him to keep it up in order to keep the pressure on our opponents. :cheers

Kudos to Jose for pitching his ass off against a team that had his number. :cheers

Looks like big Jim is also heating up as well. :cheers

Sox bullpen starting to resemble the dominating force we hoped they would be. :cheers

Now all we need is for Paulie and JD to heat up and we can be virtually unstoppable.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 11:57 PM)
Fixed. I'm basically the 1 percent who thought he would bounce back. :)

I know at least 2 others. Balta and I have both said, if he is healthy and gets playing time, he has an excellent/career year. Search tool is down and I can't find the posts at the moment.

But it is certainly still really damn early. In the meantime, I'm enjoying Erstad showing me I was wrong about him so far.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 09:25 AM)
We've gotten 3 really good pitching performances in a row (4 if you count Masset's relief job) and that's probably the only sure-fire sign of season long success in baseball. So at this point, yeah, we're looking like a damn good team.

No doubt. I know it's early but I really like what I'm seeing from this pitching staff. Just need to have some of the starters go a bit deeper into the game to keep that bullpen fresh.

QUOTE(bardsroom attendant @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 09:03 AM)
Sorry to disappoint, pards, it's only a screen name. I can't even cook very well...Although I'd love to have Roy as a boss...I hear he's pretty cool, but that's just what I hear as a fan, who knows?

I know Roy, and he is good people, and the cooking is ok at times.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 09:27 AM)
No doubt. I know it's early but I really like what I'm seeing from this pitching staff. Just need to have some of the starters go a bit deeper into the game to keep that bullpen fresh.

That is deffinately true.

As of right now, Ozzie's go-to guys in the bullpen are Mac, Thornton, and Jenks. What I am hoping for is that Aardasma, Sisco, and Masset continue to pitch well and gain Ozzie's trust so he can put them in some of those late game situations. They certainly have the stuff to do this. Spreading the workload could be one way to keep the bullpen fresh.