2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 12:54 AM)
Is QuesTec definitely gone from the cell? Anybody know where it will be this season in our division?

Only Cleveland in the Central. Here is the full list:

AL

# Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

# Fenway Park - Boston Red Sox

# Jacobs Field - Cleveland Indians

# McAfee Coliseum - Oakland Athletics

# Tropicana Field - Tampa Bay Devil Rays

# Yankee Stadium - New York Yankees

NL

# Chase Field - Arizona Diamondbacks

# Miller Park - Milwaukee Brewers

# Minute Maid Park - Houston Astros

# Shea Stadium - New York Mets

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 03:48 PM)
Only Cleveland in the Central. Here is the full list:

AL

# Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

# Fenway Park - Boston Red Sox

# Jacobs Field - Cleveland Indians

# McAfee Coliseum - Oakland Athletics

# Tropicana Field - Tampa Bay Devil Rays

# Yankee Stadium - New York Yankees

NL

# Chase Field - Arizona Diamondbacks

# Miller Park - Milwaukee Brewers

# Minute Maid Park - Houston Astros

# Shea Stadium - New York Mets

Thanks!

QUOTE(shipps @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 02:29 AM)
I wonder if its a good thing that Hawk doubts are chances ,or a bad thing.?????

if he's doubting the Sox chances, that's a bad thing.

I made a homerish prediction in the prediction thread, but I, along with everyone else, would like to see how people are pitching before making any true assertions.

Saw in the Trib notes section that Geoff Jenkins may be traded. Seems Brewers want to platoon him with Mench, he wants to play everyday.

Can he play LF? I know he wouldn't leadoff, but if Pods is going to be Pods Circa 2006, then they can figure something else out.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Feb 26, 2007 -> 06:30 AM)
Saw in the Trib notes section that Geoff Jenkins may be traded. Seems Brewers want to platoon him with Mench, he wants to play everyday.

Can he play LF? I know he wouldn't leadoff, but if Pods is going to be Pods Circa 2006, then they can figure something else out.

I just looked at his stats, and I thought he was much worse than he really is. The guy can definitely take a walk.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 26, 2007 -> 05:12 AM)
Is the intersquad game today?

According to the Sun Times, yes.

SOX VS. SOX: The team will play its only intrasquad game this afternoon, with Jose Contreras starting against Floyd.

As for the lineups, Pablo Ozuna will start for one team in left field and lead off, followed by Ryan Sweeney, Paul Konerko, A.J. Pierzynski, Joe Crede, Alex Cintron, Eduardo Perez, Brian Anderson and Junior Spivey. The second team will have Darin Erstad leading off, with Tadahito Iguchi, Jim Thome, Jermaine Dye, Rob Mackowiak, Josh Fields, Juan Uribe, Toby Hall and Casey Rogowski rounding out the lineup.

Right start: Two hits for Brian Anderson during Monday's intrasquad game didn't exactly lock up the White Sox starting center field job or a spot on the 25-man roster, for that matter. But Guillen was impressed by Anderson's opening effort.

"He played great, and I think Brian is part of our ballclub," Guillen said. "The way I talk about Brian, people think he's automatically off the team. But I want him to play good and play the way we know he can play.

"We take a lot of heat because of him last year, but he knows I'm behind him 100 percent. This kid comes out and competes."

Guillen finds himself with a good problem in the outfield, having Darin Erstad, Anderson and eventually a healthy Scott Podsednik to fit into two starting slots. There's also a plethora of young outfield talent sitting behind Anderson.

If Anderson continues with the offensive approach he showed Monday, going with the pitch and lining one single to right and ripping a second hit to left, Guillen's decision becomes much easier.

"It feels awesome," Anderson said. "The six innings felt like 12, but it was fun. It just feels good.

"Once you get back out there, from the first time I took that first pitch it was like, 'OK, here we go.' I'm right back in it."

Fast and lean: Juan Uribe also knocked out two hits Monday, ran the bases well and started a double play on Eduardo Perez in the fourth. Guillen has been impressed by Uribe's sleek physical condition upon arriving in Tucson, but he wants him to maintain that form throughout the year.

"Juan has got to stay in shape all year long, just not Spring Training," Guillen said. "That's why I keep pushing those guys. It's too long a year to just show up one month and then all the sudden shut it down. If you want to have success in this game, you have to keep plugging and work out if you want to make money."

A compilation from SoxMachine:

No. 6: “It’s up to Cooper. If he don’t screw this thing up, we should win.’’ -- Ozzie on Don Cooper.

No. 5: "Usually the manager wants his players to get a hit. I cheer for him not to get a hit because then he will have to run the bases.'' -- Ozzie on Jose Contreras.

No. 4: "That thing might bite you, and you might be dead in this desert." -- Ozzie on a random bee.

No. 3: "Hermie told me that A.J. is a little slow running the bases. I told him, no kidding, what have you been watching over the past two years?" -- Ozzie on A.J. Pierzynski's ankle.

No. 2: "They asked [Freddy Garcia] who was crazier, [Charlie] Manuel or Guillen? I won. I'm the No. 1 crazy guy." -- Ozzie on himself.

No. 1: "I don't think you're going to see Mackowiak in center field that much -- I want to keep my job. And I think Mackowiak wants to keep his job, too.'' -- Ozzie on Rob Mackowiak.

"John is kind of, sort of, like Buehrle," said pitching Don Cooper. "But before I say that, we have to see more from Danks.

"You draw comparisons immediately because they are both left-handed. John enters with a better curve than Buehrle, but Buehrle had a better sinker, a better cutter and a better changeup."

I hope the comparisons to Buehrle immediately end with velocity.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 11:59 PM)
I hope the comparisons to Buehrle immediately end with velocity.

That was one of the strangest comparisons ever. Cooper basically said they were sort of alike because they both were left handed but everything else was different.

I am sitting at Sky harbor airport right now. I must say i got to see 2 spring training games during my business trip. I saw the cubs/giants and the Padres/Mariners.

From my experience at ST I have to say that Peoria Sports Complex is one of the best places to watch a ball game. 6 dollars to sit in the lawn seats and the complex is really nice with great food. I would def go back to that place. Mesa I thought was garbage.