2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 01:17 PM)
How is Floyd doing exactly?

He's been pretty solid and his last couple outings have been better. More importantly his velocity is back to what it was when he was one of the top ranked pitching prospects in all of baseball (ie the mid 90's) and he's been getting a ton of break on his curveball.

The problems with Floyd were due to him being rushed, losing confidence and when he got into that funk he started to get into some bad habits that he couldn't get out of (as he was just in a funk in the Philly system) and so far Coop and the staff have given him a fresh start, made some minor adjustments and he's continuing to work his kinks out and will likely be talked about a lot if any starter goes down (or if the Sox lose one of there starters to FA or trade this off-season).

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 12:41 AM)
I have enough trouble trying to find CSN+ is. It's going to be hell tommorrow figuring out where the hell CSN++ is.

I just looked it up the good news is I am going to get the game, the bad news is I have to work and I can't Dvr it because it is not listed on the channel guide :angry: Tommorrow should be a day game anyways its a getaway day

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 12:28 AM)
Wow, did anyone see that thing about Mackowiak on ESPN? The day his son was born (a doubleheader), he hit a walk-off Grand Slam in the first game and a game-tying homer in the 9th of the second game. What a day!

I remember that happening, but not that it was Mackowiak.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 05:28 AM)
Wow, did anyone see that thing about Mackowiak on ESPN? The day his son was born (a doubleheader), he hit a walk-off Grand Slam in the first game and a game-tying homer in the 9th of the second game. What a day!

What was even better it was against the CUBS :headbang

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 12:57 AM)
What was even better it was against the CUBS :headbang

Most recent power ratings....

CNNSI 13th (up from 19)

ESPN 17th (down from 13?) this is why the ratings make no sense, this article came out after Thursday's games, so we had just beaten Oakland 2/3 on the road, had a no hitter and took 2/3 from the Rangers and we went down??? DUMB, DUMB, DUMB (I think the same guy had the Angels at 25th)

cbssportsline (were 22nd, new rankings out today)

Who the hell cares about what power rankings really say, honestly? I read 'em every Tuesday afternoon, but mainly just to get a good laugh. I can't read them for fact as most of the writers are absolutely clueless when it comes to baseball.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:00 AM)
Who the hell cares about what power rankings really say, honestly? I read 'em every Tuesday afternoon, but mainly just to get a good laugh. I can't read them for fact as most of the writers are absolutely clueless when it comes to baseball.

the yankees could be 4-13 and have the number 1 power ranking.

power rankings are a chance for the write to be like oooo oooo look at me now.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 08:50 AM)
Most recent power ratings....

CNNSI 13th (up from 19)

ESPN 17th (down from 13?) this is why the ratings make no sense, this article came out after Thursday's games, so we had just beaten Oakland 2/3 on the road, had a no hitter and took 2/3 from the Rangers and we went down??? DUMB, DUMB, DUMB (I think the same guy had the Angels at 25th)

cbssportsline (were 22nd, new rankings out today)

22nd??? I know power rankings don't mean anything, but with what the pitching has done, there's no way there's 21 teams better than the Sox

New York Times

Transactions

Published: March 27, 1985

WHITE SOX

Asked waivers on Mike Squires, first baseman; placed Cliff Speck, pitcher, on 21-day disabled list; assigned Mark Gilbert, outfielder, to a Triple-A affiliate; assigned Kenny Williams, outfielder, and Ron Karkovice, catcher, to Glens Falls; returned Bart Johnson, pitcher, to his post as an advance scout; named Gene Honda public-address announcer.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 10:06 AM)
Sox offense climbing up the charts. Went from 30th to 28th in batting average in a matter of 2 days!

And back down to 29th.

Scary that after almost a full month of baseball we are hitting .229 as a team.

wow, the Sox jumped from 17th to 7th in the CBS Sportsline Power rankings..

7 White Sox · Trends 17

Thanks to the resurgence of free-agent-to-be Mark Buehrle, their pitching staff boasts a league-low .213 batting-average against. If this staff can pitch to its potential, we could look dumb for picking them fourth in the rugged AL Central.

Also interesting to note: Detroit (5), Indians (6), White Sox (7), and the Twins (8) are all in the top 10 (obviously).

Well now that is warm. Our issues are now due to "negative mental baggage". Walker must of worked under Dusty. Whats next, did some magical animal curse our bats. Line drive swings Walk. Get off your ass and work on that.

We're dealing with a lot of mental issues that developed from negative mental baggage," Walker said. "And then we get a couple veteran guys banged up.

"But the thing I like about our offense is they're battling back even though they're not real confident right now. We've got a lot of come-from-behind wins. I know we're a better offensive team than we've played."

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 08:51 PM)
We're going to be hearing that injury excuse for a long time now as a reason Walker should still have a job.

How does an injury to Thome, stop Konerko from making contact. Or Crede, or Dye, or Uribe. Yes maybe Kong wont see meatballs down the plate, but he cant hit them either. Its one player. Man up.