2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)
This isn't meant as a flame against anybody but do you really believe a hitting coach matters

that much?

Or at all?

The well paid guy with the bat in his hands either hits it or don't.

I remember the Indians couldnt hit as a team in 05. They fire Murray, the entire team goes on a long extended offensive explosion. This team should hit, when the entire team has a month long slump, that is blamed on weather and now according to its hitting coach depression. Then its time to make a move.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long has Walker been with the Sox? I don't remember a cold spell like this for quite some time. Some guys start hot, others take a month or so to heat up, but the entire team is frigid right now. Is that Walkers fault, are guys hurt, are some past their prime, did others peak a year or two ago??? This team is so frustrating right now and everyone collectively sucks at the plate.

Our best bat is hurt, but like others said, Paulie is still seeing fastballs down the tube and he's supposed to be one of the best fastball hitters in the game. Yet he takes 2 down dead center then swings at the third in the dirt to K. Hawk and DJ rave about pitchers pitching their behinds off, yet I've seen too many strikes dead red go by looking or popped up in the infield to believe these are Cy Young candidates on the bump. Too damn frustrating.

QUOTE(CarlosMartinez @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 12:30 AM)
How long has Walker been with the Sox? I don't remember a cold spell like this for quite some time. Some guys start hot, others take a month or so to heat up, but the entire team is frigid right now. Is that Walkers fault, are guys hurt, are some past their prime, did others peak a year or two ago??? This team is so frustrating right now and everyone collectively sucks at the plate.

Our best bat is hurt, but like others said, Paulie is still seeing fastballs down the tube and he's supposed to be one of the best fastball hitters in the game. Yet he takes 2 down dead center then swings at the third in the dirt to K. Hawk and DJ rave about pitchers pitching their behinds off, yet I've seen too many strikes dead red go by looking or popped up in the infield to believe these are Cy Young candidates on the bump. Too damn frustrating.

In 05, we hit .255 in April, .254 in May and .242 in August. 3 months of sucky offense.

Last year September we hit .260.

But this April has been the worst in a while. The last time Kong put up a month like this was 03.

Edited by southsideirish71

I know this was a trade KW couldn't pass up and I have nothing against what Sisco has done, but Ross Gload would look pretty good in our lineup right now. His number aren't the greatest right now (.250 2 13) but he'd pretty much be the best hitter in the line up right now.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 09:14 AM)
In 05, we hit .255 in April, .254 in May and .242 in August. 3 months of sucky offense.

Last year September we hit .260.

But this April has been the worst in a while. The last time Kong put up a month like this was 03.

and it doesn't look like it's going to get better anytime soon. I'm predicting a 1-4 trip to the west coast.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 03:29 PM)
and it doesn't look like it's going to get better anytime soon. I'm predicting a 2-4 trip to the west coast.

So do you mean 1-4 or 2-3? It's an 8 game roadie, but 5 on the west coast.

ESPN with some injury updates.

Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen is already missing slugger Jim Thome from his anemic lineup. Now he says Scott Podsednik, the team's catalyst, will likely remain out another month.

"Podsednik, I'm not counting on him until June," Guillen said Wednesday about the leadoff man who has played in just 10 of 25 games because of a right groin strain.

"Thome, I think he's going to go on a minor-league assignment for a couple of days [next week] to see how it feels," Guillen said.

Joe Crede continues his spiral into Sprague-dom.

Ed Sprague played his first full season in the majors in 1993 as a 25 year old.

Joe Crede played his first full season in the majors in 2003 as a 25 year old.

Ed Sprague's career numbers as of May 3rd, 1997 (29 years old):

G 	 AB     Runs 	Hits 	2B	3B	HR	RBI	BB     BA     OBA   Slug%    OPS     SB%

670 2368 293 594 134 6 87 336 203 .251 .321 .423 .743 33.33

Joe Crede's career numbers as of May 3rd, 2007 (29 years old):

678 2356 302 613 121 3 106 353 137 .260 .307 .449 .756 33.33

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 3, 2007 -> 01:37 AM)

Its like im staring at twins

QUOTE(Shadows @ May 3, 2007 -> 01:46 AM)
Its like im staring at twins

AND TWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNS

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 3, 2007 -> 01:37 AM)

Are you sure Crede isn't a top 5 3Bman in all of baseball?

Danks working on a cutter...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

Looks like he is trying to mold himself after Buehrle. He has been working at a fast pace like Buehrle lately, and now trying to develop a similar cutter. Danks can be a better version of Buehrle, if you ask me. He has 1-3 more mph on his fastball, but he needs a bit more work on his change, which is already good. And if he could get better command of his curve, he can be dominate.

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 3, 2007 -> 11:37 PM)
Joe needs to start hitting or we're going no where fast.

This team is in trouble. We're in danger of being buried in our division if we don't

start hitting/winning.

If anything, we need Dye and PK hitting.

Zumaya is out 12 weeks! *does a silent, small happy dance*

I know its evil but Im not sad to see him go...

I hope it all heals right because you are dominating, Joel, but take as much time off as you need!

Looks like its not just the White Sox...

From Rotoworld:

Orioles sent RHP Sean Tracey outright to Triple-A Norfolk.

Tracey was claimed off waivers from the White Sox back in March. He was able to clear this time after opening the season with a 7.59 ERA and 12 walks in 10 2/3 innings for Norfolk.

My sig barely changes each day as I update it. You would think occasionally we'd face a pitcher that is so off that we'd put up a huge inning here or there. We haven't come close to anything like that. Even when pitchers look awful and are throwing meatballs all night we don't take advantage. Heck, we can't even get lucky and play a game where the other team's defense gives up several runs to lead to a blow out. What's the most we scored in a single game? 6? 7?

Big Jim took 60 BP swings yesterday and did not re-injure himself. He is expected to go on a minor league rehab assignment this weekend and hopefully will be in the lineup next Tuesday against the Yankees.

Toby Hall is also expected to start a minor league rehab assignment this weekend.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 9, 2007 -> 01:29 PM)
I don't.

I know, I just don't like the guy. He can play baseball for the Sox as long as he wants to so long as he keeps producing.

Some people don't like Barry Bonds; I don't like Darin Erstad.