2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are last year's hats available anywhere for very cheap since this year's are new? Preferably in Chicago. I haven't had the chance to go shopping for clothes in a while.

Wouldn't mind finding one with the WS patch either as mine might need to be replaced. Is there still any places that have WS gear?

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 03:06 PM)
Are last year's hats available anywhere for very cheap since this year's are new? Preferably in Chicago. I haven't had the chance to go shopping for clothes in a while.

Wouldn't mind finding one with the WS patch either as mine might need to be replaced. Is there still any places that have WS gear?

Amazon

I would also check ebay, Im sure they have some there.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
So, if Pie works for the Cubs while Soriano is down, I would no problem taking Murton off the Cubs hands, and stick him in LF. Those splits vs. LHP are sexy.

I wouldn't either, though I think they are grooming him to play RF as Soriano could perhaps move to LF eventually. Don't know if they'd give him up.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
So, if Pie works for the Cubs while Soriano is down, I would no problem taking Murton off the Cubs hands, and stick him in LF. Those splits vs. LHP are sexy.

+1, they could really use someone like mackowiak :)

lol how funny would that be.

Aardsma a life long cubs fan playing for the sox and mackowiak a life long sox fan playing for the cubs, the irony makes me giddy inside.

I don't know if anyone else is even watching this show on Comcast right now "Sox Talk with Two Unlikable Assclowns" but I seriously hate these people. Someone let these guys know the Sox went 11-8 against the Royals last year, I know they're not being serious but I feel that they're making me look bad.

what's sad right now is that at this point in each of their respective seasons as the White Sox starting CFers is that Darin Erstad currently is outperforming where Brian Anderson was at during this time of the year (follow)?

Through 13 games

Brian Anderson - 2006

.146/.234/.195/.429

Darin Erstad - 2007

.156/.220/.222/.442

However, Erstad better watch out. Anderson went 2 for 4 the next game and hit a homer, raising his OPS 115 points.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 08:25 PM)
It's April. Give it a break. How many people wanted JD gone in April of 2005?

I've been tired of Erstad to Dye comparisons since February. JD had actually been a good player consistently before coming to the Sox - he'd had an .800 OPS season the year before, and had been good in 5 of the previous 6 years. Completely opposite that of Dye, Erstad has been far below average in 5 of the last 6 years, he's been banged up, and his best year - 2004 - was worse than those 5 years that Dye was good in.

On top of that, the lowest Dye's average ever touched was .164 - horrid, of course, because there's no argument. However, he was atleast hitting for a shred of power during that time period, and he wasn't leading off, getting the most at-bats on the team. Erstad is.

Erstad never should have been signed in the first place.

When Vazquez and Buerhle start the Sox are 6-0, 1-7 when they do not.

Also Ron Washington makes Guillen look like Casey Stengel. That work he did to his bullpen last night was masterful. I also like the fact that he made Konerko beat him twice. Although Hawk thought it was a bad move, that was what I thought was good. Otuska (sp?) should have been in the game for the 8th.

Edited by Jenks Heat