2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

My predictions:

Contreras and Dye are dealt out West to an NL team or two for a young OF or SP and mlb-ready bullpen help.

Dunn gets acquired from Cincy for LF, Tererro moves to RF, while Pods and Erstad platoon in center (ugh, I know).

Mackowiak and Cintron get shipped to someone and Richar replaces Cintron as a backup MI.

MacDougal gets sent out for a minor spect and whoever comes back for Contreras/Dye will replace him in the BP.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 11:16 AM)
What %age of our offense in the last week or so has been accounted for by Josh Fields?

He's either scored or driven in 11 of the 34 runs the last week. He was pretty fortunate last night's 3 run homer caught a jet stream. That was a can of corn.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 12:17 PM)
He's either scored or driven in 11 of the 34 runs the last week. He was pretty fortunate last night's 3 run homer caught a jet stream. That was a can of corn.

or was it shear power by Fields?

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 12:19 PM)
or was it shear power by Fields?

I was at the game. Fields was pissed at himself. The CF was camping under the ball until it started going 100 feet over his head. The wind was gusting, and he hit it very high.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 12:21 PM)
I was at the game. Fields was pissed at himself. The CF was camping under the ball until it started going 100 feet over his head. The wind was gusting, and he hit it very high.

Yeah, I meant to ask that. So the wind was blowing out? That was a MAJOR league flyball by Fields though.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 12:24 PM)
Yeah, I meant to ask that. So the wind was blowing out? That was a MAJOR league flyball by Fields though.

It was sky high. Usually you can't tell how the wind will affect a ball by looking at the flags at USCF. The were blowing almost straight out. I think he hit it so high, it was above the scoreboard and roof and it gave it a big push. He was so resigned to being out, he damn near passed Dye on the bases. When he saw it was a homer he was a little stunned.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 12:28 PM)
It was sky high. Usually you can't tell how the wind will affect a ball by looking at the flags at USCF. The were blowing almost straight out. I think he hit it so high, it was above the scoreboard and roof and it gave it a big push. He was so resigned to being out, he damn near passed Dye on the bases. When he saw it was a homer he was a little stunned.

Correct. Fields homer was blown out by the winds, and the ball Konerko hit later in that game, which was CRUSHED, died at the track. The winds at The Cell are simply impossible to read, toughest I've ever seen by far and i've been to 2/3 of the stadiums in the MLB.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 07:52 AM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/sto...mp;sportCat=mlb

Solid article about the Sox from espn.com. Nice to see more amazing communication between a player and Ozzie (Buehrle).

1. Ozzie pulled Buehrle because of pitch count.

2. Buehrle's not a...Burnett. He makes his starts. "Flu-like symptoms." What, is he supposed to cry to Ozzie and Ozzie's supposed to kiss his forehead?

Whether or not Buehrle wasn't feeling well isn't a big deal, and the fact that he hadn't told Ozzie doesn't mean s***. It probably wasn't too serious.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 02:15 PM)
1. Ozzie pulled Buehrle because of pitch count.

2. Buehrle's not a...Burnett. He makes his starts. "Flu-like symptoms." What, is he supposed to cry to Ozzie and Ozzie's supposed to kiss his forehead?

Whether or not Buehrle wasn't feeling well isn't a big deal, and the fact that he hadn't told Ozzie doesn't mean s***. It probably wasn't too serious.

All I'm saying is that it seems like there's an incident every couple of weeks where our player isn't telling Ozzie about some type of injury/illness. I wonder if this goes on with every big league team, and we only find out about our guys because we follow the team so closely.

Most players don't go crying to their managers about little injuries. It's a pride thing, and a necessity thing, and a playing time thing. Who wants to be the one to tell the manager that they've got a toe wart and a fever? s***.

I don't recall any other incident where Ozzie has a player not telling him about pain except, perhaps, Freddy, but I'm sure everyone knew and that goes back to the whole Pride thing.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 02:25 PM)
Most players don't go crying to their managers about little injuries. It's a pride thing, and a necessity thing, and a playing time thing. Who wants to be the one to tell the manager that they've got a toe wart and a fever? s***.

I don't recall any other incident where Ozzie has a player not telling him about pain except, perhaps, Freddy, but I'm sure everyone knew and that goes back to the whole Pride thing.

Marte, Crede, Iguchi

Accepted. Wrong. Wrong.

Guillen knew about the last two, as far as I can tell -- hard to not know about Crede's bad back and Iguchi's sore hand :P -- and they played not because he didn't know but because they thought they could play through and he gave them playing time.

Sorry.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)
Accepted. Wrong. Wrong.

Guillen knew about the last two, as far as I can tell -- hard to not know about Crede's bad back and Iguchi's sore hand :P -- and they played not because he didn't know but because they thought they could play through and he gave them playing time.

Sorry.

Nope, during the first Cubs series, Ozzie was upset that Crede didn't tell him that his back was acting up. Also, Iguchi didn't tell anyone that he injured his finger sliding for a few days after it happened (not to characterize, but Japanese players are notorious for not speaking up about injuries).