2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 10:45 PM)
Just random thoughts about our bad baseball team after tonight's game:

1. Toby Hall is an awful catcher... I know his shoulder is injured, and I know he had a pitcher on the mound who couldn't hold a old timer on, but from his fielding of bunts, to his attempts at throwing...Yuck.

2. Josh Fields is looking better and better as our future LFer every day.

3. I hope we never see Aardsma in a Sox Uniform again.

4. Please resign Mark now... so we can move on.

It'd probably help if he played more than once every two weeks.

I hope David turns it around, he's young and has talent.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 12:58 AM)
Josh Fields will not be moved to the outfield. If the White Sox had any plans of moving Fields to the outfield, don't you think they would have had him this season?

Yeah, he made an error tonight, but he is still learning the position. He has good range and a very good arm. He just needs to improve on his glove work. He has potential to be as good as Crede is/was at 3B.

He won't be as good defensively as Joe. But moving him to LF was a main option for him if Crede got resigned. We did it with Carlos Lee.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foxsports.com gave me quite a scare in the game thread in the injuries column. It says that Sweeney had successful season ending knee surgery that may be career threatening. But then I noticed that this is supposed to get Billy Butler more at-bats. The problem is that Foxsports has Mike Sweeney as member of the White Sox rather than Ryan Sweeny. Bastages gave me quite a scare.

FoxSports

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 05:53 PM)
He won't be as good defensively as Joe. But moving him to LF was a main option for him if Crede got resigned. We did it with Carlos Lee.

Carlos Lee got moved to LF because he was a horrible defensive third baseman.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 11:57 PM)
Carlos Lee got moved to LF because he was a horrible defensive third baseman.

I'm just saying it can be done. Either way, Fields is no defensive phenom.

If I had any faith in Reinsdorf to hire a good GM, I'd be in favor of firing Kenny Williams for a variety of reasons, and I've been one of his biggest supporters, but with our luck, we'd wind up with Darin Jackson or Ron Kittle or Karkovice or some other former White Sox player GMing.

I have no faith in anyone in this organization, though. Not JR, or KW, or the coaches. The only one I like is Ozzie, but he's definitely not the answer at GM or Owner. Ha Ha Ha.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 08:43 PM)
I'm just saying it can be done. Either way, Fields is no defensive phenom.

I agree it can be done and from what I have seen of our minor league players I think it should be done. If KW is really serious about developing the Sox as a winning ballclub, he needs to resign Crede along with the no-brainer of extending Buerhle and then look at Fields in LF. People want to say negative things about Carlos Lee being moved to LF, but any scholar of the game will tell you that Lee worked hard to make himself into a pretty decent LF'er. The move was anything but a failure. Moving Fields to LF is a good idea and has a lot of merit, if it is part of a real plan for the Sox to build a winning team.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 10:28 AM)
I agree it can be done and from what I have seen of our minor league players I think it should be done. If KW is really serious about developing the Sox as a winning ballclub, he needs to resign Crede along with the no-brainer of extending Buerhle and then look at Fields in LF. People want to say negative things about Carlos Lee being moved to LF, but any scholar of the game will tell you that Lee worked hard to make himself into a pretty decent LF'er. The move was anything but a failure. Moving Fields to LF is a good idea and has a lot of merit, if it is part of a real plan for the Sox to build a winning team.

I just think Crede would be a horrible investment for the Sox right now. I think it's time to cut ties with Joe(sadly) but he's just too big of a risk at this point, imo.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 10:28 AM)

You would actually be willing to give Joe Crede $25M+ in guaranteed money right now?

Ozzie said he likes the way Floyd threw the ball? Well, what's he supposed to say? He can't throw him under the bus for sucking. From what I hear, Floyd works hard, respects his elders, minds his manners, whatever. It's not like there's a reason for Ozzie to trash him.

You don't embarass your players further when they pull a Floyd.

At times, I just hate Sox fans. I'm listening to this AWFUL show on the Score where Offman is having a fantasy GM segment where retarded callers pitch their ridiculous trade proposals. My 2 favorite:

Uribe, Crede and Vazquez for Ichiro and Luis Castillo

and

Jon Garland for Chone Figgins (caller: "I'm not sure the Angels would do it")

honorable mention goes to the most menial of them all:

Iguchi and Hall for Miguel Olivo (apparently the Marlins need a 2B)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)
At times, I just hate Sox fans. I'm listening to this AWFUL show on the Score where Offman is having a fantasy GM segment where retarded callers pitch their ridiculous trade proposals. My 2 favorite:

It's just going to get worse over the next 20 days.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 10:43 AM)
Ozzie said he likes the way Floyd threw the ball? Well, what's he supposed to say? He can't throw him under the bus for sucking. From what I hear, Floyd works hard, respects his elders, minds his manners, whatever. It's not like there's a reason for Ozzie to trash him.

You don't embarass your players further when they pull a Floyd.

Unless it's Brandon 'He's not Cy f***ing Young" McCarthy. :P

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 11:31 AM)

and

I heard the exact same stuff in the car. The Ichiro trade finally got me to throw some music on.

and

Well Kalapse, how about the last caller the cub fan.

He suggested that Buerhle can be had for a lesser package, and that the sox are irrelevant so why dont they trade Buerhle to the cubs. When asked what would the package be for. The moron stated, well I dont know, it wouldnt have to be much. But the cubs have one of the most vast systems in baseball????

and

Go read the Buehrle thread, far worse in that thread.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 11:35 AM)
It's just going to get worse over the next 20 days.

Nah, wait till the Buehrle trade. All the ******** here will be out.

and

Now a new cub fan has a brilliant idea of Marshall, Patterson, and some other crap for Buehrle and Dye.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 12:17 PM)
Wasn't it ASB Sunday that we traded for Freddy?

I think it was a Sunday or two before.

:lolhitting

some guy's idea just now was Buehrle for Crawford and Kazmir... omg. I'd do that in a heartbeat, but does that caller know anything about baseball?

Edited by BearSox