Ricks - 1-4 | 0 RBI | 1 BB |

Schnurstein - 4-5 | 1 2B | 1 HR | 4 RBI | 0 BB | 1 K

BOX

--------------------------------------------

Kannapolis @ Rome - Final: W, 8-5

SP: Brooks vs. Lyman

Brooks (W, 1) - 5.2 IP | 7 H | 2 R/ 1 ER | 2 BB | 6 K

Texeira (S, 1) - 1 IP | 1 H | 0 ER | 0 BB | 0 K

*Gilbert* - 2-5 | 1 2B | 1 RBI | 0 BB | 1 K | 1 SB (4)

Carter - 1-5 | 1 HR | 2 RBI | 0 BB | 0 K

BOX

--------------------------------------------

UPDATED!

Edited by BearSox

I don't know about you guys, but I am starting to get excited, not only for the future, but all these guys preforming well in the minors will make good trade bait!

Also, Sweeney is really heating up. Both his homer and double were to LF, so I hope that means he was going with the pitches.

Cassel pitched very well, that's a great sign. He should have a good season in high-A considering he was a college pitcher at a good program in a decent conference (UC Irvine). I'll wait until he hits AA before I get really excited about him though.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
Cassel pitched very well, that's a great sign. He should have a good season in high-A considering he was a college pitcher at a good program in a decent conference (UC Irvine). I'll wait until he hits AA before I get really excited about him though.

The good pitching at the minor league level seems to be coinciding with the major league team picking it up.

Our team ERA is now down to 4.11, getting close to that sub-4.00 mark we need to compete this season.

I get a little excited to see how Carter, Cunningham and Allen are doing...but, as with Cassel, I'll wait to see how they do in Birmingham first.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 10:30 PM)
Disappointing to hear thought that Honel was only clocked in the mid-80s yesterday. I'm rooting for him though, he's from my neck of the woods.

I think the key is whether he had his old bite back on the curve. I figure the velocity isn't the huge measure at this point, simply because he's probably not at 100% strength so the important thing will be whether that velocity trends upward over the course of his next couple outings. If it does, maybe, just maybe he'll get his confidence back and get back to being the pitcher he once was.

Just to let everyone know, I updated the results and stats from last nights games. And if you notice, I put asterisks around Gilbert's (Kanny) name. I did this because I am unfamiliar with him, but looking around it looks like he has some potential to be a leadoff guy. Does anyone know anything about him?

Good day all around for the minors though. Good pitching, and some good hitting.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 11:51 AM)
Well, only 1 or 2, but they are very unlikely. Like maybe he was late on a fastball right down the middle, but I doubt it.

on a double, maybe he does get lucky and it slices down the line. On a homer? No, he went with that.