Sox Loss Postgame Thread

Shamrock4Life

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:32 AM)
It's tough to say. Ozzie should have brought in BA or Pablo, sure, but either way, it doesn't guarantee that Bradley is out at home. Then again, I'm 95% sure I could have thrown out Bradley from the distace Pods tried to. Ask SoxAce if you don't believe me.

Chances don't mean squat really. Thats just your way of saying "I'd be less pissed if it was BA or Erstad that missed the throw home." Give it a rest, and L is and L.

The better chances a team has, the more likely it is to win. Example: BA over Pods in the outfield as a 9th inning defensive replacement. BA gives his team a better chance at winning than Pods does, so whether or not BA fails, he's still more likely to help the team win.

The difference between winning and losing the game tonight could have been BA starting the 9th in the outfield. If you can't understand that...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:37 AM)
So it wouldn't have mattered if it were Carlos Beltran out in LF tonight? Because -- chances are, Beltran makes that throw in his sleep and the Sox win then and there.

But chances don't mean squat, so Podsednik = Beltran, right?

That throw Beltran made in the Opener was just remarkable, it's just proof that an above average arm can make an impossible throw look ordinary and to get Bradley a perfect throw was hardly necessary.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:38 AM)
When was the last time a Sox OF actually got an assist?

This is something I always state. From what I recall, we haven't thrown anyone out at home since Jermaine Dye did it against the Twins in August or September of 2005. Over the last two years, we might have had the worst throwing outfield in baseball history when it comes to accuracy or power.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:34 AM)
It's clear your overreacting considering we're only 7 games into the season.

What is Andersons role on this team. He doesnt start, he isnt a defensive replacement. If he isnt going to play, send his ass down and bring back Eduardo Perez.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:33 AM)
You play for the win, not what might happen if you don't get three outs there. There's no excuses for what happened tonight. Garen kicked Ozzie's ass with the intentional walk to Pods and having Walker ph.

Are you f'ing serious?

Let me tell you something: An Oakland Athletics manager never kicks another manager's ass, EVER. They are all puppets of Billy Beane and do little or nothing more than filling out the damned lineup card. And they even catch s*** for that most of the time.

Are you honestly telling me that pinch-hitting Todd Walker was some brilliant move? Give me a break. He pinch-hit a solid major league hitter off his bench in a crucial situation.

Explain Monday night's game to us if Geren is such a brilliant field general out there compared to Ozzie...

And as for our intentional walk...Travis Buck has been knocking the s*** out of the ball both games and Mark Ellis is batting .230 with a .270 OBP. He was the right hitter to go after.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:40 AM)
I seem to remember a closer controversy early in the 2005 season... Ozzie sorted it out well enough then. Let's give him a chance to sort it out this time around.

Well, if one of our other relievers can be the luckiest pitcher in the history of baseball (Hermanson first 4 months of 2005), then we'll be fine.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:41 AM)
Explain Monday night's game to us if Geren is such a brilliant field general out there compared to Ozzie...

I haven't seen Geren enough to judge how he'll be as a manager. All I know is he managed a terrific game tonight.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:37 AM)
So it wouldn't have mattered if it were Carlos Beltran out in LF tonight? Because -- chances are, Beltran makes that throw in his sleep and the Sox win then and there.

But chances don't mean squat, so Podsednik = Beltran, right?

Why even make that comparison. No matter what, you can't guarantee anyone, not even Carlos Beltran, would have thrown him out. Does it make a difference? Was Beltran in LF for the Sox tonight? Was Erstad or Anderson in LF for the Sox tonight? No, ok, so move on. I don't see the point in beating a dead horse. We know Pod's cant throw...oh well.

QUOTE(shoota @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:39 AM)
The better chances a team has, the more likely it is to win. Example: BA over Pods in the outfield as a 9th inning defensive replacement. BA gives his team a better chance at winning than Pods does, so whether or not BA fails, he's still more likely to help the team win.

The difference between winning and losing the game tonight could have been BA starting the 9th in the outfield. If you can't understand that...

Well "CHANCES" are that Anderson would have been in CF anyway, and Erstad in left.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:39 AM)
PodsShouldBeShot.jpg

I laughed.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:32 AM)
Chances don't mean squat really. Thats just your way of saying "I'd be less pissed if it was BA or Erstad that missed the throw home." Give it a rest, and L is and L.

I would be much less pissed, as at least I knew our manager did everything he could to try and get the win for our team. The funny thing is I'm so much more pissed about the 7th inning.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:44 AM)
Why even make that comparison. No matter what, you can't guarantee anyone, not even Carlos Beltran, would have thrown him out. Does it make a difference? Was Beltran in LF for the Sox tonight? Was Erstad or Anderson in LF for the Sox tonight? No, ok, so move on. I don't see the point in beating a dead horse. We know Pod's cant throw...oh well.

It's not "oh well," its Guillen making another stupid move (non-move in this case) and refusing to utilize his players in the best possible manner. If I thought for a second that he'd learn from this mistake, I'd chalk it up to lessons learned, but he won't.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:40 AM)
This is something I always state. From what I recall, we haven't thrown anyone out at home since Jermaine Dye did it against the Twins in August or September of 2005. Over the last two years, we might have had the worst throwing outfield in baseball history when it comes to accuracy or power.

Part of the problem is AJP letting the sound of the footsteps scare him out of catching the ball. I can visualize numerous plays where the runner would have been out had AJ caught the throw cleanly.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:44 AM)

WTF are you talking about? This is a post-game thread? What the f*** do you expect us to talk about, pink poke-a-dots and giraffes? My freaking Lord...

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:44 AM)

In a one run game, isn't that the exact point we're arguing?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:43 AM)
I forgot how bad the Pink Fuzzy Bunny was on the postgame. good lord.

2006 is making a horrible return right now, I actually managed to wipe the name Chris Rongey from my memory bank for 6 months. Fantastic.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:43 AM)
I haven't seen Geren enough to judge how he'll be as a manager. All I know is he managed a terrific game tonight.

Billy Beane hires managers that do what Billy Beane says, which is usually absolutely nothing other than make out the lineup card.

Geren didn't do a damned thing tonight! He got lucky because Piazza roped a ball through a 10 foot hole on the left side of our infield, and then he knew enough to pinch hit Walker, an excellent professional hitter (and this is no f'ing mystery), who got a solid hit to left.

If there is one person you cannot praise, it is an Oakland Athletics manager, because they do absolutely nothing. Beane knows it himself. Who else FIRES managers whose team made the playoffs THAT season? It's a mathematical system in Oakland, and the manager has nothing to do with it.