Sox Loss Postgame Thread

Shamrock4Life

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:23 AM)
magic8ball.jpg

I found our problem. Ozzies magic 8 ball is broke. He shook it and asked, should I put the devil Anderson in for a defensive replacement.

In a 1-0 game Slav. How many 1-0 games with a terrible OF, do you not replace him defensively.

That's exactly it. I'd really like to know what Ozzie's thought process was in that situation.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:24 AM)
Actually after i saw what Jenks had and just how terrible he looked on the mound I remember screaming for Thornton, so yeah we definitely agree on that one. It's a lot like the Cleveland game from last September, I had no problem with Ozzie going to Jenks but he needs to be ready with a contingency in the warming in the pen, if the closer looks like he's not going to be able to get anyone out he can't be afraid to make the move. This doesn't need to be done every time but when he's going to pitch Jenks on back to back days or after complaining about a sore hip, he definitely needs to have a quick hook.

You can't tell me that after Jenks came back to get the next 2 guys, that you didn't think he'd be able to get out Todd Walker.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:26 AM)

Anyways, I still think it's laughable to call it "Ozzie's F Up." A defensive replacement may have helped, but there's no guarantee that what likely would've happened, which is ba in CF and Erstad in LF, means that throw is made on the money or that last out is caught. I'm still putting about 80% of the blame on Jenks for just flat-out not getting the job done. That's what pissed me off the most.

Jenks blew dog.

No question about that. Prancers OF defense in LF was horses*** also.

The ball bounced, it bounced off of his melon. If a baseball can come crashing down on your head, your mitt can be put up to catch it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 06:27 AM)
Actually last season Ozzie pulled Pods late in games quite often, I'm not really sure why he isn't doing it this year. I am curious as to what he said after the game, though after the lies he's made over the past month or so, I'm not so sure I can believe him.

I wonder what type of relationship Ozzie and KW have these days

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:21 AM)
It started the second game of the season. I remember posting "Have there been any defensive substitutions?" "Who's out in LF, why are they not saying anything?" "Why is he leaving Pods out in LF?" in the 8th inning of game 2. I just don't understand why Ozzie does one thing last year then says in the offseason he's going to do it again this year then 7 games with ample opportunities he doesn't do it once. Is this some sort of special season where Ozzie lies about everything in the Spring to throw off the opponent?

This is absolute oversimplification. We know NOTHING about what goes on with the members of this team personally, or behind closed doors.

All I know is that he's the ONLY player who's doing ANYTHING consistently offensively right now. Yet all this entire board can talk about is his outfield defense. Jesus people, maybe if Jenks doesn't give up THREE hits in the inning, the same number as Garland did in SEVEN innings, it's not an issue. Maybe if Paul Konerko or Darrin "the savior" Erstad could get some god damned hits instead of pathetically waving at balls 8 inches off the plate when the umpire's zone is the size of a teacup, we would score more runs and win the damned game.

To rest this entire BS on Scott Podsednik is just absolutely s***. Jesus, get off him already...

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 06:27 AM)
That's exactly it. I'd really like to know what Ozzie's thought process was in that situation.

You can't tell me that after Jenks came back to get the next 2 guys, that you didn't think he'd be able to get out Todd Walker.

Nope, Walker is the type of guy that scares me against Jenks. Go back and look at the thread...I said Walker is a b**** of a hitter and Pods should play shallow in LF.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:28 AM)
This is absolute oversimplification. We know NOTHING about what goes on with the members of this team personally, or behind closed doors.

All I know is that he's the ONLY player who's doing ANYTHING consistently offensively right now. Yet all this entire board can talk about is his outfield defense. Jesus people, maybe if Jenks doesn't give up THREE hits in the inning, the same number as Garland did in SEVEN innings, it's not an issue. Maybe if Paul Konerko or Darrin "the savior" Erstad could get some god damned hits instead of pathetically waving at balls 8 inches off the plate when the umpire's zone is the size of a teacup, we would score more runs and win the damned game.

To rest this entire BS on Scott Podsednik is just absolutely s***. Jesus, get off him already...

At the same time, you can't just ignore his D either. His offense doesn't give him a waiver to knock balls off his noggin.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 06:28 AM)

I don't think people are mad at Pods directly. I'd say almost all of us are more pissed off he was still in the game defensively.

If he doesn't make an ass of himself in the 9th inning today, I would have praised him again after the game for looking pretty damn good at the plate just as I did yesterday. The only reason he's b****ed about is because he makes it incredibly easy. When you get hit in the head with a flyball to end the game you're going to catch some s***. His offensive production doesn't have much to do with his defensive inabilities late in ballgames.

If he's pulled for a defensive replacement like he should have been I would have been incredibly happy with his offensive production from today. He's just catching a lot of second hand heat tonight where most of it is directed at Ozzie.

I blame the ball, how dare it hit Hotty Scotty in the melon. Doesnt it know that fat 13 year old girls with Mrs. Podsednik shirts who go to the cell would be destroyed if the ball hit his face. Thank god it didnt hurt his most prized posession. f***ing gravity, pulling on all objects till they rest on earth. I blame Gravity.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:30 AM)
At the same time, you can't just ignore his D either. His offense doesn't give him a waiver to knock balls off his noggin.

I'm not saying his D should be ignored, and I wouldn't have had any problem with subbing for him. However, we don't know how he reacts to that. Ozzie is dealing with real people here, folks, and even if they are professionals, I am going to trust he knows how to manipulate them better than we do.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:31 AM)
I blame the ball, how dare it hit Hotty Scotty in the melon. Doesnt it know that fat 13 year old girls with Mrs. Podsednik shirts who go to the cell would be destroyed if the ball hit his face. Thank god it didnt hurt his most prized posession. f***ing gravity, pulling on all objects till they rest on earth. I blame Gravity.

I blame the fat dude in your sig.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:28 AM)
I wonder what type of relationship Ozzie and KW have these days

i can only pray its a s***ty one; im still very optimistic about this year, but i'm looking forward to the rebuilding and a new manager.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:35 AM)
I blame the fat dude in your sig.

The fat dude in my sig is to blame. Also the guy who left the prancing bad OF in a 1-0 game, and said prancer who tried to head the ball on goal instead of using the big brown soft thing on his right hand. Baseball travelling like that hurt, even for self defense, put the big brown leather thing on your head and protect yourself.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:34 AM)
I'm not saying his D should be ignored, and I wouldn't have had any problem with subbing for him. However, we don't know how he reacts to that. Ozzie is dealing with real people here, folks, and even if they are professionals, I am going to trust he knows how to manipulate them better than we do.

If Scott really has a problem with getting pulled late in games for a defensive replacement then something seriously needs to be done about him because he has some serious mental issues. Either he comes to the realization that he sucks in the field and pulling him is best for the team or he figures out how to catch and throw because if he's really going to pout or react poorly to Ozzie doing what's best for the team then Pods isn't much of a team player.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:31 AM)
If he doesn't make an ass of himself in the 9th inning today, I would have praised him again after the game for looking pretty damn good at the plate just as I did yesterday. The only reason he's b****ed about is because he makes it incredibly easy. When you get hit in the head with a flyball to end the game you're going to catch some s***. His offensive production doesn't have much to do with his defensive inabilities late in ballgames.

If he's pulled for a defensive replacement like he should have been I would have been incredibly happy with his offensive production from today. He's just catching a lot of second hand heat tonight where most of it is directed at Ozzie.

I don't blame people for being frustrated with him as I am as well.

HOWEVER, this board has to be more sophisticated than this. Realize what he is, and deal with it. Every goddamned thread turns into the Scott Podsednik thread here.

On a more positive note, I ordered an authentic "Halfway to St. Patrick's Day" John Danks #50 jersey today from Grandstand....SOB better earn his keep now... ;)

QUOTE(iamshack @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 06:34 AM)

Don't know how he reacts? It happened all last year. If Ozzie was trying to give Pods confidence out there, then Pods might need years of therapy to get over how tonight's game ended.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:37 AM)
If Scott really has a problem with getting pulled late in games for a defensive replacement then something seriously needs to be done about him because he has some serious mental issues. Either he comes to the realization that he sucks in the field and pulling him is best for the team or he figures out how to catch and throw because if he's really going to pout or react poorly to Ozzie doing what's best for the team then Pods isn't much of a team player.

The wierd thing about baseball, no matter what level. You put the little leaguer who has 2 left feet in RF the ball finds him. You put Mack in CF, the ball finds him. Guess where the ball goes 2 times with Prancer in LF in a 1-0 game. Bingo.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:37 AM)

Once again, an oversimplification. But this much we know: he's extremely hard on himself and will be cursing his own name like a sailor tonight as he is being "comforted" by Lisa Podsednik. I want his confidence high as can be because when he is on offensively, our team wins at an incredibly high rate.

When it comes down to it, one or two miscues in the field may be well-worth the extra offense which comes from him being confident at the dish some 600 more times this season.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:37 AM)
I don't blame people for being frustrated with him as I am as well.

HOWEVER, this board has to be more sophisticated than this. Realize what he is, and deal with it. Every goddamned thread turns into the Scott Podsednik thread here.

On a more positive note, I ordered an authentic "Halfway to St. Patrick's Day" John Danks #50 jersey today from Grandstand....SOB better earn his keep now... ;)

Actually most threads turn into an Ozzie-Hater/Ozzie-Apologist or Brian Anderson thread. Scott wasn't discussed much this offseason, he got a bit of a free pass for a while there.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 06:40 AM)
The wierd thing about baseball, no matter what level. You put the little leaguer who has 2 left feet in RF the ball finds him. You put Mack in CF, the ball finds him. Guess where the ball goes 2 times with Prancer in LF in a 1-0 game. Bingo.

This is Ozzie's 4th year with the Sox, and 3rd year with Pods on the team. If he doesn't know how to best utilize his personnel by now, then he's a worse manager than I think he is.