White Sox vs. A's, 4/11/07 (W)

ShoeLessRob

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:46 PM)
I have a feeling the BA supporters' defense will be it's totally unfair to judge him because he's not getting regular at-bats.

It's a given.

I just wish he would get at least ONE swing per game that makes you believe he has a chance to hit the ball hard somewhere. For some reason, he reminds me of Rowand when he's in a really big funk.

I wouldn't expect BA to hit .300 but he could resemble Pods/Erstad's production while playing gold glove caliber defense.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:46 PM)
I have a feeling the BA supporters' defense will be it's totally unfair to judge him because he's not getting regular at-bats.

It's a given.

I just wish he would get at least ONE swing per game that makes you believe he has a chance to hit the ball hard somewhere. For some reason, he reminds me of Rowand when he's in a really big funk.

Or maybe.....that its ludachris to expect someone who isn't a great contact hitter at all to bat...SECOND?!?! Seriously? Gooch had plenty of success in that spot, yet Oz thinks its a better idea for a low contact, 1 AB all season OFer to hit there? That is brilliant.

And don't even start with the "Oh its Ozzies fault" BS. Can you sit and tell me that you would hit him 2nd?

QUOTE(joeynach @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:47 PM)
If i ever see BA in the 2 hole again I am going to kill myself. What is Ozzie's problem with Iguchi being a 2 hitter, hes actually good at it and it forces him to handle the bat well. What is the BA in the 2 hole thing all about. This is the dumbest thing ever.

Actually, if Anderson makes contact and keeps the strikeouts low, it's not a terrible idea. I think someday he'll wind up making a nearly ideal #2 hitter once he's had some time.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to stick him there after 7 games of sitting on the bench.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:47 PM)
For the organization its better for BA to be in AAA learning his craft while Luis Terrero is up on the big squad for the once a week start. Its just better business.

It's better business not to have 3 blown saves 7 games into the season.

I'm sure those crowds in May against KC and TB (weekend games) will be off the charts at this rate.

QUOTE(joeynach @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:47 PM)
If i ever see BA in the 2 hole again I am going to kill myself. What is Ozzie's problem with Iguchi being a 2 hitter, hes actually good at it and it forces him to handle the bat well. What is the BA in the 2 hole thing all about. This is the dumbest thing ever.

and why is Thome hitting 3rd against a leftie?........Oz needs to go by the book more, instead of his instincts

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:46 PM)

It's a given.

He reminds me over every hitting prospect that comes up to the majors after being taught softball 101 by the group of lift and pull geniuses that liter our minor leagues.

LONG LOOPING SWING

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:49 PM)
Or maybe.....that its ludachris to expect someone who isn't a great contact hitter at all to bat...SECOND?!?! Seriously? Gooch had plenty of success in that spot, yet Oz thinks its a better idea for a low contact, 1 AB all season OFer to hit there? That is brilliant.

And don't even start with the "Oh its Ozzies fault" BS. Can you sit and tell me that you would hit him 2nd?

That's exactly why Anderson needs to be out of the organization. He's not Guillen's kind of player, Guillen doesn't trust him the field and if Anderson will ever learn to be a quality player it won't happen sitting on the Sox bench. Anderson is worse than useless to Sox and he has to go.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:50 PM)
He reminds me over every hitting prospect that comes up to the majors after being taught softball 101 by the group of lift and pull geniuses that liter our minor leagues.

LONG LOOPING SWING

How ironic. The one guy who actually was playing softball for a living had a better approach in 2005 than some of these guys (i.e., Widger).

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:49 PM)
Actually, if Anderson makes contact and keeps the strikeouts low, it's not a terrible idea. I think someday he'll wind up making a nearly ideal #2 hitter once he's had some time.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to stick him there after 7 games of sitting on the bench.

1) Anderson can't bunt to save his life

2) Every ball he pulls will end up in a double play on the infield...he can't instinctively go to the opposite field to advance a runner

3) Too many swings without contact...hit and run would be a disaster

4) Too impatient

5) Can't hit a breaking ball

6) He can't adjust his swing to hit sac flies

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:51 PM)
That's exactly why Anderson needs to be out of the organization. He's not Guillen's kind of player, Guillen doesn't trust him the field and if Anderson will ever learn to be a quality player it won't happen sitting on the Sox bench. Anderson is worse than useless to Sox and he has to go.

He needs to spend time in AAA. Thats all, he needs constant playing time to develop. Terrero would be ideal to come in off the bench sparingly.

And actually I think Ryan Sweeney would be a more ideal #2 hitter than BA.