ShoeLessRob

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)
Nope, Seinfeld. Kramer gets on as an extra in a Woody Allen movie. Eventually, he gets the line "These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

I coulda sworn homer did that line in a different context.

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
What about the examples of why he shouldn't be in there every day? Like everything being said in the thread prior to his nice catch. So quick to forget? :P

Being put in a position to fail, a la 2nd in the order, isn't exactly helping either.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:57 PM)
I just think based on how he looks now and last year, that it's a pretty big assumption that he'll hit 270. I could be wrong, but that's just what my eyes tell me.

Dude, hes a prospect who isnt getting regular playing time. He needs to play everyday on some level. If he played every day and hit lower in the lineup like he should, he could do it.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
If anything, Anderson should be a late inning defense replacement for Pods

In addition, Guillen should put serious consideration for substituting Anderson/Mackowiak for Dye as a late inning defensive replacement, depending upon our lead and the ballpark's dimensions.

He just appears to have lost an additional step from last season. It's maddening watching him chase a baseball.

I just think based on how he looks now and last year, that it's a pretty big assumption that he'll hit 270. I could be wrong, but that's just what my eyes tell me.

I think he would hit between .250 and .270, maybe close to .250 with about 10-15 home runs. He has no business being in the #2 hole though.

He looks like a .230-.245 hitter to me...not unlike Rowand and Crede when they both first came up (throw in a dash of Chris Snopek), just has such a long swing. When he's short and quick, he can be very dangerous (see the Felix Hernandez game).

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 02:58 PM)
I think he would hit between .250 and .270, maybe close to .250 with about 10-15 home runs. He has no business being in the #2 hole though.

Alright, I could believe 250 and 10-15, but I wouldn't expect much more.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:39 PM)
BTW, what do we have to do to keep Black Jack in the booth? I mean, I love Hawk and all...but McDowell knows his stuff and isn't just a monotonous voice. Plus he identifies more with my generation of Sox fans.

Your generation, you mean the living?

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:59 PM)
He looks like a .230-.245 hitter to me...not unlike Rowand and Crede when they both first came up (throw in a dash of Chris Snopek), just has such a long swing. When he's short and quick, he can be very dangerous (see the Felix Hernandez game).

This season, Anderson's swing at least in ST looked a lot more simple, shorter, and quicker. He did a lot of work in the offseason. We just haven't seen much of it yet.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:58 PM)
Erstad makes that catch too. So does Terrero. Whoopee....

Thats a helluva assumption.

Difference is BA ALWAYS makes that catch. And Terrero does? How many games have you seen him play in, in the majors?