• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
I hate you Radio Team....got my hopes up

How long before Walker is fired?

It's not the pitching right now...seems like the media always wants to pin it on the hitting coach. Ozzie's very loyal, it will be interesting to see how long this offensive slump goes on. We need to be ready to play our next two series or we could get knocked out of the race in the first month of the season.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)
I'm just asking how it's fair that we keep having to go to the colisseum, a park we notoriously suck at, almost sixty percent of the time over 6 years

since 2003 it's even worse than that... 64% of our games vs. oakland have been at the colisseum

I'm quite sure it will all average out.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 02:06 PM)
How long before Walker is fired?

It's not the pitching right now...seems like the media always wants to pin it on the hitting coach. Ozzie's very loyal, it will be interesting to see how long this offensive slump goes on. We need to be ready to play our next two series or we could get knocked out of the race in the first month of the season.

Ok, it's not that smart to even think about being knocked out of the race 1 month into the season. Not even remotely. Seems each of the last few years, someone has gone down big in the first month or two and still made the playoffs. Astros, A's, Cardinals I think, etc.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:06 PM)
OK. Tell me who is the better option for hitting in the 2 hole:

Choice A)The guy who has 1 AB all year, not a great contact hitter, not great OBP history, long loopy swing

Choice B)The guy who hit 2nd for 2 YEARS with this team, posted a great OBP, used to the role and does the things that are needed hitting 2nd

Its pretty simple.

Not only that...I think Iguchi hitting in the two hole once in a while will actually be good for his swing.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:06 PM)
OK. Tell me who is the better option for hitting in the 2 hole:

Choice A)The guy who has 1 AB all year, not a great contact hitter, not great OBP history, long loopy swing

Choice B)The guy who hit 2nd for 2 YEARS with this team, posted a great OBP, used to the role and does the things that are needed hitting 2nd

Its pretty simple.

Iguchi looks about as good as Konerko and Dye right now at the plate, and this has been a lingering question since his horrible spring, which seems to be an annual tradition with him

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)
yes speed is all you need. That's why pods is such a great CF.

I'm actually aware of that, but Terrero is a better OF than Pods...

Look, I actually like Anderson. He just doesn't have a place on this team. And declaring he should be starting based on a nice catch in the OF seems like overkill.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:07 PM)
Ok, it's not that smart to even think about being knocked out of the race 1 month into the season. Not even remotely. Seems each of the last few years, someone has gone down big in the first month or two and still made the playoffs. Astros, A's, Cardinals I think, etc.

Those are in crappy divisions.

We cant do that in our division, its the best in baseball.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 02:08 PM)
Look, I actually like Anderson. He just doesn't have a place on this team. And declaring he should be starting based on a nice catch in the OF seems like overkill.

Just wait until we get a statistically significant set of at bats from Erstad and Podsednik, and we'll see.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:07 PM)

Those teams didn't have to catch three teams in their divisions...they only had to jump one or two.

The Cardinals were about 10-15 games over .500 for most of the season, almost collapsed to let the Astros back in it and just survived.

The Astros and the A's...but the A's only have four teams in their division and the Angels are their only real competition.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:10 PM)
Not if you ask Greg Walker. I heard him a few weeks ago on the radio, saying that Iguchi got into some bad habits batting second. I am not kidding about this.

Those bad habits are not getting around and getting under the ball enough to hit it out of the park.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:10 PM)
Not if you ask Greg Walker. I heard him a few weeks ago on the radio, saying that Iguchi got into some bad habits batting second. I am not kidding about this.

Yeah, all that hitting to the right side instead of pulling was terrible. Glad we got rid of that....