White Sox vs. A's, 4/11/07 (W)

ShoeLessRob

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:11 PM)
Great approach in this series? They couldnt score for s*** against Jose and Garland, and the bullpen for the most part.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't say whole series. But they sure as hell did their homework on Jenks. Sit dead red on FB down the pipe first pitch, fight off the rest as best you can, with 2 strikes you sit on a curve...pretty simple.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:13 PM)
I'm sorry, I shouldn't say whole series. But they sure as hell did their homework on Jenks. Sit dead red on FB down the pipe first pitch, fight off the rest as best you can, with 2 strikes you sit on a curve...pretty simple.

It's not that hard to have done your homework on Bobby when he's throwing 89-92 with the fastball.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 02:13 PM)

Jenks lived on people taking the first couple of fastballs to guage that 100 mph heat. Now, its 94, and theres no need to take those pitches. He needs to develop a new strategy for the first few pitches; he cant just throw a couple meatballs and think no one will swing anymore.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 08:14 PM)
you can candycoat this any way you want....our team, which has had awesome pitching, cant hit worth s***.

We look like the 2004 sox, homerun or naught

The 2004 offense is so maligned for so many wrong reasons.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:15 PM)
Joe Crede and Iguchi need to be flipped in the line-up or Crede needs to sit against lefties.

Can't we give some folks a little more than 7 games to determine how they're going to perform for the whole season?

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)
you can candycoat this any way you want....our team, which has had awesome pitching, cant hit worth s***.

We look like the 2004 sox, homerun or naught

Yes, but the complement was towards the A's offensive approach, nothing to do with our team whatsoever. You obviously didnt read the quote or anything behind it.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:16 PM)
Yes, but the complement was towards the A's offensive approach, nothing to do with our team whatsoever. You obviously didnt read the quote or anything behind it.

I dont care what the A's approach is, they did enough "whatever" to take 2/3 from us.