White Sox vs. A's, 4/11/07 (W)

ShoeLessRob

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 02:34 PM)
Well, we are at least getting baserunners today. Now the next step in progression is getting them in to score...

But the middle of the order might actually have to do something then!

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 08:32 PM)
Will Molina go ....00000 for the year?

If he was the back-up catcher the whole season, he wouldn't hit over .175. I'm still puzzled as to why we thought he had any chance to hit in the majors. He hit around .230 in AA!

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:34 PM)
Maybe we can work the pitch count on this Ace pitcher

You're completely undervaluing Kennedy.

You see, atleast he has good control...... What?

Well, what about good stuff?

No that either? Well, he's deceptive, right?

Oh, yeah, just another scrub pitcher who embarrasses our VAUNTED lineup. This is why we can't touch Santana. We can't even beat the Kennedy's of the world.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 08:35 PM)
So basically with a .216 team BA. Every pitcher we face is the equivalent of Cy Young. The numbers pretty much are about that.

We just have to try and win some of the games while nearly every hitter slumps. I miss the days during the first half of last year when Hawk tried to say our team wasn't clicking, even though 7 of our hitters were overachieving.

BTW, what do we have to do to keep Black Jack in the booth? I mean, I love Hawk and all...but McDowell knows his stuff and isn't just a monotonous voice. Plus he identifies more with my generation of Sox fans.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:39 PM)
BTW, what do we have to do to keep Black Jack in the booth? I mean, I love Hawk and all...but McDowell knows his stuff and isn't just a monotonous voice. Plus he identifies more with my generation of Sox fans.

so true,it soundedl ike DJ was just interviewing blackjack over and over..

blackjack was great.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:39 PM)
Our offense will come around eventually, it just will with how good these guys are. But we need to win with pitching while they arent hitting.

I'm not worried about the middle of the order. As with every team the key is pitching. What I do worry about is a ton of solo homers when Pods and Erstad are both hitting .260