Prior Injured for Life

danman31

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 02:24 PM)
I heard on the radio that through out all of his time on the DL, he has never had surgery. That just seems crazy. How do you spend all this time on the DL because you feel "achey"

Right, that's the bizzare thing about him. I believe there's actually been an examination that came back finding no physical problems. That could have not told the whole story, but yeah, I believe they haven't really found any physical problems with him other than the weird double jointed thing that's brought up.

I remember seeing an interview with him a few years ago and Im not 100% sure but think I remember him saying something along the lines of: If the Cubs and Astros were tied on the last game of the season and the only way the Cubs would get in to the playoffs is if St Louis beat Houston he would rather the Astros won because he hates the Cardinals that much.

Im pretty sure it was something along those lines.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 02:27 PM)
Right, that's the bizzare thing about him. I believe there's actually been an examination that came back finding no physical problems. That could have not told the whole story, but yeah, I believe they haven't really found any physical problems with him other than the weird double jointed thing that's brought up.

They say he has a genetic disorder that is called a "loose shoulder."

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 08:43 PM)
Mark Prior to undergo exploratory surgery.

Honestly, that's probably the best thing for him at this point...cut that shoulder open and take the 1/10 chance or whatever it is that they find something and can fix it.

Oh, and Wade Miller is out with Back Spasms.

The term "Exploratory Surgery" makes it sound like NASA will be doing it, IMO.

A lot of people will be eating crow if there actually is something very wrong with his shoulder. I don't like the guy, I think he's an arrogant jackass, but its really pretty incredible how he's gone from HOFer to garbage. If there's nothing really wrong, then he is a headcase and this "exploration" will ruin him even further. I really feel as crazy as this sounds, the only way he can salvage his career is if there really is something wrong and major surgery is required.

What point does the tightening the shoulder capsule do if he has genetic looseness anyways? Also, "cleaning up the rotator cuff" sounds like "nothing was wrong with him, but we didn't want him to look bad" in Cub talk. What a wuss, I wonder if he ever pitches in more than 10 games in a season again.