A little advice...

WhiteSoxFan1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 10:36 AM)
If she is hung up on another guy, I wouldn't bother.
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 10:46 AM)
Those kind of relationships pretty much always bomb because she is still trying to fix the last relationship. I wouldn't kill myself for her if I was you.
QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 10:47 AM)
Call her up and cancel on her now. Just tell her something came up and you'll talk to her later.
QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 10:53 AM)
get ready for her bf to "accidently" see you guys together

IMO this is just asking to be a part of a major pain in the ass situation.

etc etc etc

Run, don't walk away.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 12:37 PM)
I think we need a picture of her to make a real informed decision...

Preferably in a cheerleader outfit eating a popsicle, if you have one.

Thanks in advance! :D

QOTM Worthy :lolhitting

QUOTE(SnB @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 01:52 PM)
as all the old people have already said,

don't even get involved, it's not going to end up positive for anyone.

That's not true she and her boyfriend will probably have great make-up sex after he "catches" his girlfriend out with the new guy. That's a positive.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 01:27 PM)
id post a pic (sorry no cheerleading outfit or popsicles, lol) but knowing my luck someone will know her, or worse yet her bf/ex whatever, is a sox fan and posts here. :lol:

Her boyfriend is obviously a Cubs fan...cmon, all the fighting probably started because of their current skid.

I applaud you for coming on here seeking advice. I deplore you for not taking said advice, but I do wish you good luck young man. Welcome to the crazy world of the friendzone, lust, love, sex and that weird s*** in the middle. The latter of which, I believe you are stuck in. Hope it washes off easy...sometimes it can be a bit sticky. Live and learn.

Well, here's one old guy that isn't saying run.

Not saying get down on a knee and propose either, mind you.

Go out and see how much you enjoy each other, simple as that. She may be telling you how it's all likely she's getting back with her old boyfriend, but know that a lot of that may be defensive on her part. She has tempered your expectations as to anything serious developing, but matters of the heart are always negotiable. She can also feel better about herself to think that she is 'on a break' and not that she was unable to keep a relationship together. Self-confidence and security is a tricky thing when you are 18.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 02:05 PM)

Go out and see how much you enjoy each other, simple as that. She may be telling you how it's all likely she's getting back with her old boyfriend, but know that a lot of that may be defensive on her part. She has tempered your expectations as to anything serious developing, but matters of the heart are always negotiable. She can also feel better about herself to think that she is 'on a break' and not that she was unable to keep a relationship together. Self-confidence and security is a tricky thing when you are 18.

Yeah, but you're a "weird" old guy.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
Well im currently on the other side of the spectrum. And judging from your information, your not taking my gf out on a date so here is what i have to offer.

You have only known this girl for a week, so dont put the cart before the horse. Just go out tonight and have a good time. The stuff with her ex is going to work itself out one way or another. At this point all you can worry about is yourself. If you get hung up with other stuff the date will tank period.

Who knows you may go out not even like her and all this stuff will be moot. But if for godforsaken reason you do go out with her, feel that she is the girl of your dreams, and you cant live with out her, then I will come back and give you some advice on how to take down an ex.

Just for now think of it this way:

Everyone has a past. Hers is just more immediate at the moment. But she has chosen to go out with you. So let the past be the past and just see what happens in the moment.

Yo Badger - did you get your computer fixed? Hope it all worked out for you.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 02:05 PM)

It's OK I speak jive (old guy)

Try and get laid by 10PM, if it doesn't work, dump her, call your buddies, and hang out.

End FlaSoxxJim translation.

I'm with Queen and Soxy. She's having great sex this week. Possibly with you, but probably with her old boyfriend. And after they have that great sex, they're going to be talking about you and what a loser you are. Sadly, what this really means is you are a genuinely nice guy, other girls will be fixing you up because they think you are a great catch, but they themselves don't want to go out with you. Finally, you will find the needle in the haystack and discover your better half and live happily ever after. But it ain't with her.