Music labels to sue downloaders

southsider2k5

They price fix the CD's, then they get angry at the people who don't want to pay the inflated prices. Then they pull a stunt where they are going to sue for over $100,000 per mp3 found. Yeah, that'll raise their popularity and get people to buy RIAA artists. :rolleyes:

They have f***ing whiny ass Lars speaking for their cause too. :fyou Lars, you dirty dirty bastard.

They price fix the CD's, then they get angry at the people who don't want to pay the inflated prices.  Then they pull a stunt where they are going to sue for over $100,000 per mp3 found. Yeah, that'll raise their popularity and get people to buy RIAA artists.  :rolleyes:

They have f***ing whiny ass Lars speaking for their cause too.  :fyou Lars, you dirty dirty bastard.

The thing that pisses me off the most about it is that the artists get so little from each CD. I remember reading that the average artist is lucky to recieve a dollar from each of their CD's sold. Even a big time guy only gets a couple of bucks a CD. The money pretty much goes to the record labels.

They price fix the CD's, then they get angry at the people who don't want to pay the inflated prices.  Then they pull a stunt where they are going to sue for over $100,000 per mp3 found.   Yeah, that'll raise their popularity and get people to buy RIAA artists.  :rolleyes:

They have f***ing whiny ass Lars speaking for their cause too.  :fyou Lars, you dirty dirty bastard.

The thing that pisses me off the most about it is that the artists get so little from each CD. I remember reading that the average artist is lucky to recieve a dollar from each of their CD's sold. Even a big time guy only gets a couple of bucks a CD. The money pretty much goes to the record labels.

That's what you get when you sell your soul to the bloated corporate bureaucracy.....the real money is in touring anyway.

They price fix the CD's, then they get angry at the people who don't want to pay the inflated prices.  Then they pull a stunt where they are going to sue for over $100,000 per mp3 found. Yeah, that'll raise their popularity and get people to buy RIAA artists.  :rolleyes:

I'm not defending them, per se.., but it is the labels that pay for EVERYTHING. All the artist has to do is show up and sing.

They pay for studio time, hotels, clothes, food, etc, etc...

When they price fixed CD's for years on end, keeping them at an artificially high price, that's theft.

With all due respect, Apu, where would broader Capitalism be without such "thefts"....?

I can certainly see why recording/entertainment industry would be SUPER-PISSED at the way the long & fat cock of technological progress is sodomizing them over and over and over again.

That said, happy to partake in the orgy.

With all due respect, Apu, where would broader Capitalism be without such "thefts"....?

I can certainly see why recording/entertainment industry would be SUPER-PISSED at the way the long & fat cock of technological progress is sodomizing them over and over and over again.

Price fixing is not capitalism...

I read somewhere that the average artist has to go gold to break even - and a VERY VERY small percentage of CDs go gold.

The labels don't "pay" artists for anything - that all has to be recouped before the artist receives a dime of royalties.

If the stupid-ass record industry had embraced the technology when it began and come up with a workable system for selling and transferring digital music, they wouldn't be so far behind that they have to resort to suing the only people interested enough to consider purchasing their product.

In my own case, I don't download a lot of what would be considered "popular music", but I feel like I still haven't broken even for all the s*** albums I've purchased in my life. All the albums with one good song, and you'd never know it cuz all you could hear on the radio was that ONE song.

Instead of viewing it as a promotional device, they viewed it as a threat.

Instead of offering a track or two for free to promote artists that they're not forcing down consumers' throats, they decide to litigate and threaten.

Typical assbackwards record company business-as-usual.

I read somewhere that the average artist has to go gold to break even - and a VERY VERY small percentage of CDs go gold.

The labels don't "pay" artists for anything - that all has to be recouped before the artist receives a dime of royalties.

If the stupid-ass record industry had embraced the technology when it began and come up with a workable system for selling and transferring digital music, they wouldn't be so far behind that they have to resort to suing the only people interested enough to consider purchasing their product.

In my own case, I don't download a lot of what would be considered "popular music", but I feel like I still haven't broken even for all the s*** albums I've purchased in my life. All the albums with one good song, and you'd never know it cuz all you could hear on the radio was that ONE song.

Instead of viewing it as a promotional device, they viewed it as a threat.

Instead of offering a track or two for free to promote artists that they're not forcing down consumers' throats, they decide to litigate and threaten.

Must be taking notes from our federal government...

most Cds releases in large numbers now are total crap maybe there are a few "singles" that they put on the cd to entice you to buy all the crap they shell out f*** :fyou the record companies for all the s***ty music they release and sell high I personally only buy CDs that are less than $10 and have not piad more than that for a long time especially since i buy non mainstream music

It's part of it...

It's part of it...

Maybe in the US "capitalism" consists of price fixing. But capitialism is supposed to have prices free float on a demand/supply basis. Now communism...

It's part of it...

Maybe in the US "capitalism" consists of price fixing. But capitialism is supposed to have prices free float on a demand/supply basis. Now communism...

Capitalism is many things, some good and some not-so-good, and reality differs slightly from the textbook. Price-fixing, various types of monopolies, etc are not nearly as prolific as they used to be, but are still a realitvely big part of this economic system as you can very well see. (It's all a byproduct of this little thing called "greed"... and another one called "acumen")

YMMV.

Everyone's talking about the record companies screwing the artists, but don't you think you're helping them do that? OK, if the artistv gets less than a dollar for each CD, that's something, right? How much does he make on each download you make? Nothing! Somebody's getting screwed.

Everyone's talking about the record companies screwing the artists, but don't you think you're helping them do that? OK, if the artistv gets less than a dollar for each CD, that's something, right? How much does he make on each download you make? Nothing! Somebody's getting screwed.

Oh no, no one in his right mind would deny the simple fact that we are the bad guys here regardless of how greedy and deceitful Big Music is...LMAO!

When they're finished litigating against their customers, will the record company geniuses go after the used CD stores next?? After all, that is unauthorized resale and distribution of copyrighted materials, isn't it??? And nobody makes money from used CDs except the store and the people who sell their used CDs.......right??

Where does Pathetica stand on the issue of used CD stores, I wonder?

After all, nobody directly PROFITS off the EVIL downloading!!!

What are you talking about? It's damn good capitalism.