Zaleski 3 IP, 0 R

Savannah 4 @ Kannapolis 10

Gilbert 2-4, 2B, RBI

Allen 1-3, 2 R, 2 BB, K

Carter 4-5, RBI, 2 R

Hernandez 2-5, HR, 3 RBI, 3 R

Grace 3-5, 2 2B, 3 RBI, R

Long 5 IP, 4 R

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 06:52 PM)
Charlotte @ Rochester

Floyd vs. Garza. Neither off to a good start.

Birmingham @ Mobile

Starts at 7, Whisler starting.

Winston-Salem @ Kinston

Clayton Richard starting, doing well.

Savannah @ Kannapolis

Matt Long starting. I's offense giving him plenty of support early 8 runs in the 1st 2 innings.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...chraaa_rocaaa_1

Josh Fields is 3 for 3, up to .200 now.

Garza was pulled after 4 1/3rd and Floyd has also given up a lot of hits as well.

Looks like Floyd settled down a bit, and had a good overall outing. Lopez and Fields both had good break out games at the plate today, which was good.

Whisler has been doing very well so far this season. Getz has been beastly, and that is great because we need someone MI prospect to do good. Valido, once again, off to a slow start, actually check that, a pitiful start. Oneli pitched 1 scoreless inning and got a K.

Cunningham is still beastly, and had 2 more hits today. I don't know who any of the pitchers are at W-S, but they are doing good, so I am happy.

Matt Long got roughed up a bit. 5 IP, 4 runs, but he isn't really a starter. I like that he did get a K per inning though and did not walk anyone. And Carter is one beastly man. 4-5 today. I really like him in our future.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 02:56 AM)
Looks like Floyd settled down a bit, and had a good overall outing. Lopez and Fields both had good break out games at the plate today, which was good.

Eleven hits and three walks is a "good overall outing"? Hah, shows what I know...

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:08 AM)
6 IP (I think), and 4 R (3 ER)... that is a quality start, and he put his team in a good position to succeed.

You're talking about a prospect here, not a starting pitcher who has already established himself. Excuse me if I'm not encouraged by a start where Floyd is giving up two baserunners per inning.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 08:10 PM)
You're talking about a prospect here, not a starting pitcher who has already established himself. Excuse me if I'm not encouraged by a start where Floyd is giving up two baserunners per inning.

But I think he had given up 6 hits and 3 walks in 2 innings so after that it was a bit better. BUt now, it wasn't a good start and he still struggles with his command. He's good command away from being pretty darn good (Because from what I saw in spring and have heard so far his stuff is pretty much back to what it was when he was one of the top prospects in the game).

The thing is a lot of guys have not succeeded due to a lack of command, in fact thats probably the case out of most pitching prospects.

Yeah, last season Carter struggled to the point of being demoted last season back to rookie ball, of course down there he absolutely owned but still. This season it looks like he has taken the next step, keep it up maybe we can see a promotion to high a sometime this season.

He has been my favorite hitting prospect since Chris Young(who i liked after his season in Kanny)