AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 10:07 PM)
In the middle of the game, Juan took his time on a soft one hopper and then hesitated, before barely throwing out the runner at second on the good catch by Gooch.

In the ninth, with men on 1st and 2nd and nobody out, there was a ball hit right to Uribe, easy DP ball. But he threw it wildly and Gooch made an awesome play to stop it from going to right field and getting the out at second. That coulda been a really bad spot, but thankfully Jenks dominated the next two hitters. Unfortunately he is charged with a run because of Uribe's D, but I'd say that he WAY more than made up for it with his O.

Thanks for the info.

Jauny is impressive with his bat these days. Hope he keeps it up.

QUOTE(bardsroom attendant @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 10:22 PM)
Also, how cool is it that our biggest pen worries our Thornton and Bobby with his standard early season low velocity issues? Aardsma, Sisco and Masset have all been better than expected. And Javy has been a rock so far...knock on wood. Mr. Danks, you're up next.

Sisco has been pretty inconsistent, just like ST.

His overall numbers don't indicate the enigma that he has become....very solid one inning, next inning, you look up and it's 2nd and 3rd with no outs

Erstad sucks who cares if we won, BA should be playing, he is so great, Erstad started off good but lately he he sucks, who cares if some people started off crappy and still are Erstad sucks, how can we celebrate a win when Erstad sucks, he is just going to keep getting worse, we should trade him, he is horrible, I told you so, he doesn't know how to catch.

sorry......18 miller lites has cause this

Erstad made a couple good catches today in center....and if i recall Brian looked awfull the other day at the plate. I do think we should bring him in for defense in the ninth for pods, but he looked lost at the plate. Darrin can work some walks, and plays great D.

Nice win today though, the lead off man thing for the tribe sucked. I hate starting the inning like that. JD looks like hes back, as soon as paulie starts to hit we will be on fire.

NICE WIN!!! and hey Johan lost at home for the first time since Aug 1st 2005

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:21 AM)
Erstad made a couple good catches today in center....and if i recall Brian looked awfull the other day at the plate. I do think we should bring him in for defense in the ninth for pods, but he looked lost at the plate. Darrin can work some walks, and plays great D.

Nice win today though, the lead off man thing for the tribe sucked. I hate starting the inning like that. JD looks like hes back, as soon as paulie starts to hit we will be on fire.

NICE WIN!!! and hey Johan lost at home for the first time since Aug 1st 2005

I know, we should definitely expect more from the Anderson in the 3 at bats he gets every week, I don't see reason why he shouldn't be sharp for that 1 start he gets every week. I do agree though, Erstad's 4 BB and .294 OBP this season are kicking some serious ass atop the order. Oh and he's obviously the best defensive centerfielder on the team, 12 years of wear and tear on his body and a few dozen surgeries aside.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 02:34 AM)
I know, we should definitely expect more from the Anderson in the 3 at bats he gets every week, I don't see reason why he shouldn't be sharp for that 1 start he gets every week. I do agree though, Erstad's 4 BB and .294 OBP this season are kicking some serious ass atop the order. Oh and he's obviously the best defensive centerfielder on the team, 12 years of wear and tear on his body and a few dozen surgeries aside.

Agree, couldn't have put it any better myself.

Erstad has shown he is still good in the field, but how low will his avg. drop before Ozzie makes a change? Granted, it seems a lot of the times he can make productive outs, but outs are outs. The only advantage to me of having him in the lineup is it allows Iguchi and Uribe to hit at the bottom.

The other thing that is kind of worrying me, it seems we are more relying on the homerun ball than ever before this season, which is saying something.

First off what are those things they give to the best defensive players at each position every year. Well i cant remember but im pretty sure BRAIN ANDERSON has a couple of those. Also u guys say how he hasnt had a lot of at bats or whatever well he did have a lot of at bats last year and that turned out great for us. As for "old man" Erstad. He doesnt seem to old to me. He is leading the team in stolen bases, but whos counting anyway. Also leading the team in sacrifice's. I do understand how you guys have said he isnt a great defensive player though. His zero errors are just killing us out there, if he makes any more he should be fired.

Is that enough sarcasm for you??

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 08:59 AM)
Erstad has shown he is still good in the field, but how low will his avg. drop before Ozzie makes a change? Granted, it seems a lot of the times he can make productive outs, but outs are outs. The only advantage to me of having him in the lineup is it allows Iguchi and Uribe to hit at the bottom.
It is still too early to assess Batting Averages. Would you sit these guys right now because they are lower than the Mendoza line:

Gary Sheffield - .139

Albert Pujols - .176

Ichiro Suzuki - .182

Andruw Jones - .189

Scott Rolen - .192

Manny Ramirez - .194

and Soriano is only at .205.

So I would give it a couple of more weeks.

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 11:32 AM)
First off what are those things they give to the best defensive players at each position every year. Well i cant remember but im pretty sure BRAIN ANDERSON has a couple of those. Also u guys say how he hasnt had a lot of at bats or whatever well he did have a lot of at bats last year and that turned out great for us. As for "old man" Erstad. He doesnt seem to old to me. He is leading the team in stolen bases, but whos counting anyway. Also leading the team in sacrifice's. I do understand how you guys have said he isnt a great defensive player though. His zero errors are just killing us out there, if he makes any more he should be fired.

It's ridiculous how ignorant you sounded.

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for "old man" Erstad. He doesnt seem to old to me. He is leading the team in stolen bases, but whos counting anyway. Also leading the team in sacrifice's. I do understand how you guys have said he isnt a great defensive player though. His zero errors are just killing us out there, if he makes any more he should be fired.

LOL. Leads the team in stolen bases and sacrifices.

First off there are two guys on the team with 3 stolen bases. Everyone else is tied for zero. Hell, nobody else has even attempted a stolen base.

Grinderestad has a whopping TWO sacrifices, and everyone else is tied with zero.

Why don't you look at more important offensive stats?

.207/.294/.310 is a lot more telling to me.

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 11:13 PM)
Erstad sucks who cares if we won, BA should be playing, he is so great, Erstad started off good but lately he he sucks, who cares if some people started off crappy and still are Erstad sucks, how can we celebrate a win when Erstad sucks, he is just going to keep getting worse, we should trade him, he is horrible, I told you so, he doesn't know how to catch.

sorry......18 miller lites has cause this

that may as well have been me last night. And drunk ramblings are always right.