White Sox vs. Indians, 4/14/07 (L)

ShoeLessRob

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:03 PM)
Yea, everything today is Erstads fault cause he didn't get a hit in the last AB. Everyone else did so well, especially 1st and 3rd with nobody out.

Of course he wasn't the only one to blame. It just gets on my nerves because myself and most of the other people on this board didn't think he should have started(either him or Pods should be on the bench IMO), let alone hit in the 2 hole. So far he is proving our point.

OK bud, lets see you start once a week, and have to face Johan and CC. GL with that.

I truly don't understand what people see in Erstad that is so great. What does he bring to the table that we didnt already have in a guy much younger, and ready to try and improve on his first season in the MLBs EVER??

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
Whats the excuse for Grinderstad.

None. There shouldn't be any.

I wanna at least see some decent swings from anderson because so far he looks far more clueless than he should, regardless of playing time.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
None. There shouldn't be any.

I wanna at least see some decent swings from anderson because so far he looks far more clueless than he should, regardless of playing time.

Are you drawing this from his one game he's played? Are you saying he can't outplay GrindErstad's .176?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:16 PM)
Are you drawing this from his one game he's played? Are you saying he can't outplay GrindErstad's .176?

That plus 2006.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:17 PM)
We all would. Thats why we want to see him start. To see him swing that bat. How are you going to see swings for Anderson if he isn't getting playing time?

Sounds like he's starting tommorrow. Hopefully he has a good showing.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
The weather hasn't exactly been ideal for a lot of offense so far this year. I wouldn't get too pissed at the lack of offense or too excited about good pitching performances yet.

Yep, I was going to say the same. Danks has had some great pitching conditions so far, as has Javy.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
The weather hasn't exactly been ideal for a lot of offense so far this year. I wouldn't get too pissed at the lack of offense or too excited about good pitching performances yet.

How does the weather affect people striking out and popping the ball straight up. The weather will affect maybe the carry of the ball. But then again, the Indians changed their approach mid game and started to drive the ball to right. We kept taking huge cuts trying to hit home runs on the low and away pitch.

It was hot as hell late last year, and our offense went into the dumper in the 2nd half.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 04:23 PM)
And as some of us said, Ozzie is setting him up really well. Get a start against Sabathia, a pitcher that our entire lineup struggles with, sit for another week+, and we will see where we can get you in next.

If Erstad was hitting right now, I would have zero problem. I am an Anderson fan, but a White Sox fan first. However, when Darrin is currently hitting worse than Anderson was in 2006, I have a real problem with Brian sitting on the bench.

Exactly how I feel(minus the misspell of Darin grindErstad). I am a ChiSox fan first and foremost. I've been THE biggest Pods hater on Soxtalk for quite some time, I don't think he is a very good ball player period. But if he goes out and does his job as a leadoff hitter, and it helps us win, then go Scotty Pods, I'm all for it!! There is NOTHING right now that dictates that Erstad should be starting over BA, at least splitting starts with him.

And I find it comical that when BA did FINALLY get a start, all Ozzie did apparently was cross grindErstads name off the order and put BA there, still hitting 2nd, which made no sense at all.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)
How does the weather affect people striking out and popping the ball straight up. The weather will affect maybe the carry of the ball. But then again, the Indians changed their approach mid game and started to drive the ball to right. We kept taking huge cuts trying to hit home runs on the low and away pitch.

It was hot as hell late last year, and our offense went into the dumper in the 2nd half.

It will affect it a lot. Its harder to concentrate. You swing at pitches you normally would not swing at. You hold the bat a lot tighter so you don't get the bees, and it really slows it down.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:27 PM)
I'll take Sweeney

Ozzie loves Sweeney

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:35 PM)
It will affect it a lot. Its harder to concentrate. You swing at pitches you normally would not swing at. You hold the bat a lot tighter so you don't get the bees, and it really slows it down.

Ozzie loves Sweeney

We are hitting .225 as a team for 29th in baseball. So unless you think that we are the only team with cold weather, or a black cloud that follows us it doesnt explain why other teams can hit in the cold and we s*** the bed.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
We are hitting .225 as a team for 29th in baseball. So unless you think that we are the only team with cold weather, or a black cloud that follows us it doesnt explain why other teams can hit in the cold and we s*** the bed.

What's the batting average against the White Sox? Probably not much higher than .225. Most of the games with the exception of opening day and a couple in Oakland have been played in conditions that baseball was not meant to be played in.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:35 PM)

Ozzie loves Sweeney

Yeah... in Ozzie's mind, Sweeney has the potential to become the next great grinder.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:48 PM)
Opponents were hitting .241 against us coming into todays game, which it surely went up in.

Make Contreras' opening day start look like CC Sabathia's and its probably .225 or lower. Its really hard to hit when the game is being played in the conditions the majority of the games have been played in.