White Sox loser

WhiteSoxfan1986

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sox offense has been terrible. Even Dye looks bad at the plate.

Sox had men on the corners, no out, and failed to score a run.

Erstad couldn't get to a fly ball that would have been the third out of the inning. 1 run scored on that hit, 1 more scored later that inning. Many think BA would have caught it, keeping the score 2-0, instead of 4-0.

Danks gave up 2 solo home runs and looked good outside of throwing a lot of pitches.

'Guillen has been impressed enough with Darin Erstad's defense in center field that he might be inclined to use Anderson more in left as a defensive replacement. Erstad entered Saturday in a 1-for-16 funk, but Guillen appreciates his overall contribution to the team. "He gives me more than I thought," Guillen said. "This kid brings a baseball player to the field. He makes everyone better. He makes everyone push for each other. He gets you pumped up."'

If thats the case, I'm scared to ask what Ozzie 'thought' he was going to get this year from grindErstad.

What, does Erstad give some of the Indians players a ride to the park?

'Guillen has been impressed enough with Darin Erstad's defense in center field that he might be inclined to use Anderson more in left as a defensive replacement. Erstad entered Saturday in a 1-for-16 funk, but Guillen appreciates his overall contribution to the team. "He gives me more than I thought," Guillen said. "This kid brings a baseball player to the field. He makes everyone better. He makes everyone push for each other. He gets you pumped up."'

I just threw up all over myself

Though It doesn't suprise me that Ozzie said that

What is completely inexcusable from Guillen is leaving in Podsednik AND Erstad in to face Fultz.

Say what you want about Erstad's defensive miscue (he has been solid, unlike Podsednik) or Erstad remaining in to face Borowski, Guillen's unwillingness to make simple decisions to help his team win is costing us ballgames.

Some quotes from Tribe fans about grinderstad

MICHAELS!

What was Erstad doing??

(and yes, that 4th pitch was a ball)

loafing, i believe

Dang it. I'm still hoping Erstad gets off to a good April start, so they keep him in the lineup most of the year.

Erstad is just abysmal. He really may end up costing them dearly this year.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
Ozzie won a ring. Remember that folks before you criticize any move he made or didn't make today.

You know I love that. :)

I'm wondering when the cutoff point will be for people to quit mentioning that. Will it be the 2010 season, with the White Sox losing five straight to begin the season, when someone is shot down for criticizing Guillen because he "won a championship five years ago"?

I wish 2005 would escape from our memories; atleast when referencing team-wide baseball trends. Just because the 2005 White Sox did something, doesn't mean it'll happen this season. Same goes for 2006. All seasons should be placed in their own bubble.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I really don't think theres any fault to put on ozzie today, just guys at the plate not gettin the job done. We couldn't string anything together and we didn't take advantage of situations we were in. We need to do that especially if the WTP keeps up.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:58 PM)
Some quotes from Tribe fans about grinderstad

Tell me, at any point in the thread did a single Cleveland Indians fan wish one of their players were simliar to ours?

Such as, "damn, that Jermaine Dye is a great hitter. Wish we had one." Or "where's our Joe Crede?"

This entire season, if I were to read through the fan forums of every team faced, I guarantee someone has said something such as that on only two occasions -- Danks and Aardsma.

It may not mean much to many of you, but I look it as a team declining quickly and otherwise comprised of fair to decent talent. Nothing really to build a time around; more complimentary parts. These next few years may not be too pretty within the division.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Hawkfan @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
I really don't think theres any fault to put on ozzie today, just guys at the plate not gettin the job done. We couldn't string anything together and we didn't take advantage of situations we were in. We need to do that especially if the WTP keeps up.

So you call it just bad Karma, that our lefties get mowed down by a Loogy while right handed batters on the bench say high.

Its to be expected. You had to figure if our pitching was doing well our hitting wouldnt be. They seriously gotta do something to shake up the offense. Youre not gonna get solid outings from your pitchers all year and if we cant win games like this were in a hell of a lot of trouble.

i'm feelin fine about the team, if these 10 games were in the middle of the season, no one would think a thing, wed just be sayin were slumpin a little at the plate. I think this is a just a little slump that happens to be in the beginning. And even though this is a really tough division where every game counts, 5-5 ain't nothin to slash your wrists over

We're gonna live or die with the vets though, Flash!! Its Ozzies strategy and it will surely work, won't it?

We are an aging team offensively, station to station offense is back, lift and pull mentailty has returned, and it won't result in many good things against pitchers that are smart and learn quickly how to pitch against this team.

QUOTE(Hawkfan @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 04:17 PM)
i'm feelin fine about the team, if these 10 games were in the middle of the season, no one would think a thing, wed just be sayin were slumpin a little at the plate. I think this is a just a little slump that happens to be in the beginning. And even though this is a really tough division where every game counts, 5-5 ain't nothin to slash your wrists over

Difference in your scenario is if it happened at the middle of the season, we'd atleast have some period of time to look at and say, "see, they're capable of being consistent."

One problem here is the top of our order is atrocious. Podsednik and Erstad don't offer much. I'd like to see a period of time where both are hitting at the same time, because it'll be a fricken' miracle.

Another is our #2 hitter is sitting in the 7th slot and our manager doesn't understand how to substitue players in late innings.

Edited by Flash Tizzle