White Sox vs. Indians, 4/15/07 (L)

Heads22

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 01:44 PM)
I've said this all along: our 3rd baseman is incredibly overrated, our catcher's bat speed has been drastically reduced, our 2nd baseman struggles against LHP, and we have the worst LF and worst CF in all of baseball.

We have no ace on our pitching staff that we can count on to go out there and shut teams down. If Jenks doesn't get his velocity up, then we have issues at closer. We're a solid team, but we've fallen down a far way from Hawk saying we were the most talented team in 2006.

Are you from Chicago? Did you play baseball? Have you played in the weather this team has been facing? Apparently not. You're stiff, you've got no feel for the ball, your eyes are watering while waiting for the pitch. It isn't easy.

Our catcher's bat speed has been drastically reduced? Where do you get this stuff? :chair

QUOTE(gettysburg32 @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 02:40 PM)
swinging and missing at Joe Borowski hangers, enough to make you puke, and this game is ova!

The swings this team took today were utterly pathetic. How does an 82 mph curveball that's high and out of the zone get us swinging all the time?

Tadahito... pathetic. AJ... pathetic.

White Sox pitching? Yes.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 07:46 PM)
Are you from Chicago? Did you play baseball? Have you played in the weather this team has been facing? Apparently not. You're stiff, you've got no feel for the ball, your eyes are watering while waiting for the pitch. It isn't easy.

Our catcher's bat speed has been drastically reduced? Where do you get this stuff? :chair

Yep, played probably more baseball in this weather than just about anyone on here. The offense also sucked in Oakland for the most part as well. You don't think AJ's bat speed has slowed down? He looks the same as he did last year at the end, when everyone blamed it on him being tired.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 07:47 PM)
The swings this team took today were utterly pathetic. How does an 82 mph curveball that's high and out of the zone get us swinging all the time?

Tadahito... pathetic. AJ... pathetic.

White Sox pitching? Yes.

Since Iguchi's been here, he's always struggled against high breaking pitches like that. It's just a hole in his swing that's hard to fix.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)
Yep, played probably more baseball in this weather than just about anyone on here. The offense also sucked in Oakland for the most part as well. You don't think AJ's bat speed has slowed down? He looks the same as he did last year at the end, when everyone blamed it on him being tired.

Fathom, you need to update your violation dates in your sig. Man is your sig going to be long this year.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 01:46 PM)

I really hope this is in green. Excuses based on weather should be a bannable offense. Im serious. This is f***ing major league baseball.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 07:49 PM)
Fathom, you need to update your violation dates in your sig. Man is your sig going to be long this year.

I don't think it was a blatant violation today. I'm only going to do it for games that don't need an explanation for why it made the list.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 01:48 PM)

Since Iguchi's been here, he's always struggled against high breaking pitches like that. It's just a hole in his swing that's hard to fix.

He's slumping. When you're slumping you look out of sorts at the plate. I can't imagine sitting on the bench for over 2 hours freezing your ass off and then coming out to hit helps his current slump.

In Oakland they scored 11 runs over 3 games. The game they only scored 1 run they should have won. I don't think that 11 runs over 3 games is exactly "pathetic".

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
I really hope this is in green. Excuses based on weather should be a bannable offense. Im serious. This is f***ing major league baseball.

It might sound like an excuse, but offense is down all around baseball. The Sox aren't the only team struggling offensively.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 03:44 PM)
I've said this all along: our 3rd baseman is incredibly overrated, our catcher's bat speed has been drastically reduced, our 2nd baseman struggles against LHP, and we have the worst LF and worst CF in all of baseball.

We have no ace on our pitching staff that we can count on to go out there and shut teams down. If Jenks doesn't get his velocity up, then we have issues at closer. We're a solid team, but we've fallen down a far way from Hawk saying we were the most talented team in 2006.

Perhaps we really should have traded him this past offseason. We would've gotten great value for him.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 03:47 PM)
Perhaps we really should have traded him this past offseason. We would've gotten great value for him.

I can't speak for Williams, but I'm sure they would have traded Crede if Fields were ready to immediately contribute. His strikeout numbers are still troubling, and there's questions of him sustaining a decent average.

Also, remember how their were questions relating to his back.

Crede puts together another good season without back issues I'm hoping some team is willing to overpay in a trade. Even if it's his last year before FA.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
I can't speak for Williams, but I'm sure they would have traded Crede if Fields were ready to immediately contribute. His strikeout numbers are still troubling, and there's questions of him sustaining a decent average.

Also, remember how their were questions relating to his back.

Crede puts together another good season without back issues I'm hoping some team is willing to overpay in a trade. Even if it's his last year before FA.

I'm having trouble finding a team that needs a 3B that will extend him and deal with boras.

the yankees if arod leaves, the giants, and the phillies; thats about it.

and the giants and phillies systems are pretty thin.