And That's A White Sox Loser

Flash Tizzle

Sabathia once again dominates the lineup.

OH, BUT THE COLD WEATHER1!!!!!

30 degrees or 70 degress, our problems against left handed pitchers will continue throughout the season.

I can't say enough about the pitching though. Especially the relief corps. I have to say Contreras' outing was encouraging, but he won't always get by with walking five batters.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 07:46 PM)
Something needs to be done to make us tougher vs LHP.

it has been said many times but I will say it again bring back Eduardo Perez and send Mack on his way

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 07:48 PM)
Greg Walker = fired (hopefully)

Was Eduardo Perez signed by anybody? If not, we should sign him up, trade Mack for a right-handed hitting OF who can play center, and send Anderson down so he's not rotting on the bench.

we have terrarro in aaa

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 02:46 PM)
Something needs to be done to make us tougher vs LHP.

I believe this makes the White Sox 0-4 overall vs. lefthanded starters.

One small way of addressing this issue may be sending down Anderson and bringing up Terrero. Atleast have some other option Guillen is confident in who can spell Erstad, or otherwise pinch hit for another lefthander in a particular situation.

Another is hoping Hall returns. Because Pierzynski has been bad. Real bad.

Did not agree with the predictions that we will be 4th in the central but the experts seem to be right on this time.

We need to change the dynamics of the team. Small ball wont happen with out any small ball players. We need line drive hitters, contact hitters. No more swinging for the fences.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)
Greg Walker = fired (hopefully)

Was Eduardo Perez signed by anybody? If not, we should sign him up, trade Mack for a right-handed hitting OF who can play center, and send Anderson down so he's not rotting on the bench.

Then when we fire Greg Walker we can go through the same crap with another hitting coach.

Even with the bats completely well...sucking right now, I got a much better feeling about this team than last years.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)

Do trades, even those of backup players, usually occur this early in a season? I don't recall that.

We had an opportunity to sure up the lineup against left handed pitchers -- it was Spring Training. Most people, aside from the baseball retarded, figured when Hall went down our troubles against lefthanders wouldn't improve.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 01:51 PM)
I love how people continue to say "The hitting will come around." f***ing great. We will give away 3 weeks of the season because we dont like the cold, then when we lose the division by 2 games, what do we say?

They're 5-6 after facing 3 division favorites and hitting .226 . I hate to sound like a homer (Hawk and DJ), but this really isn't the end of the world. They could be a whole lot worse. If they can stay near .500 until the offense/weather heats up, we're in good shape.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 01:58 PM)
I wonder if Hall has more bat speed with a torn labrum than AJ "in the cold."

So AJ's bat speed is the critique d'jour now that BA got a start? Or is it going to be how much Crede sucks? It's hard to tell around here with the sensationalism running rampant.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 02:51 PM)
I love how people continue to say "The hitting will come around." f***ing great. We will give away 3 weeks of the season because we dont like the cold, then when we lose the division by 2 games, what do we say?

Weather is just a convenient excuse to mask problems with the offense.

How was the weather it in Oakland? Or the second half of last season?

I can't wait until the temperature increases. Either we'll magically improve because of it, or the excuse will be exposed and we can quit masking the truth.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 02:03 PM)
Weather is just a convenient excuse to mask problems with the offense.

How was the weather it in Oakland? Or the second half of last season?

I can't wait until the temperature increases. Either we'll magically improve because of it, or the excuse will be exposed and we can quit masking the truth.

As I mentioned in the game thread, they scored 11 runs in games out there; only scoring 1 in one of those affairs, a game they should have won. That's dramatically better than they've performed in the cold weather.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 02:53 PM)
Then when we fire Greg Walker we can go through the same crap with another hitting coach.

I don't know what you're trying to say here. Our team hitting approach under Walker has been terrible for the most part throughout his entire tenure. In the short term, firing hitting coaches has always given the Sox a boost (going from Joshua to Ward, and from Ward to Walker).

If Von Joshua could get fired not even a full season after the Sox led the league in hitting, why should Greg Walker be immune?

I agree with you that we're in a better position than we were last season because our pitching looks much better.

Honestly, KW deserves blame for this offense.

Heading into the offseason, we had MAJOR offensive holes at LF, CF, and SS. Now, 2 weeks into the season, we still have major offensive holes at LF, CF, and SS.

Firing Greg Walker will do nothing to change the fact that we start 2 OFs who hit like utility IFs on a CONSISTENT basis. I love KW, but he f'ed up this winter.

Shocking statement: This offense will not get better until we get better hitters.