White Sox vs. Rangers, 4/17/07 (L)

rangercal

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This teams hitting f***ing sucks, its a disgrace to even waste time watching...theres no nice way to put it. Don't give me the cold weather bulls***.....give me some guys that look like they have half a goddamn clue at the plate.

Rangers announcers just summed it all up nicely... "If you've got a young pitcher that has walked 4 in six innings and you have only 3 hits, you have a better chance at a walk than getting a hit, and you have no reason to be swinging at a 3-1 pitch when you're leading off and down by 4"

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 09:00 PM)
I used to like Hawk, but I wont be able to handle him this season.

Yeah I told myself that during Spring Training, the man no longer serves a purpose. It's just annoying at this point.

Jermaine Dye has never run through a fly ball, he makes every throw flat footed. This is nothing new DJ.

QUOTE(zenryan @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:04 PM)
I wonder if I called mlb.tv and complained about the s***tiness of this team, will I get a refund?

biggest waste of money ever

I just bought extra-innings today...

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 09:00 PM)
I used to like Hawk, but I wont be able to handle him this season.

White Sox seemingly an insurmountable 3 games behind in the race already.

This might be the ugliest three game stretch since August/September 2005...or maybe it was our series at Boston late last year where Jenks blew one game and we lost to Kason Gabbard, I think Vazquez only gave up one run.

Royals fall to 3-11. That franchise is snakebitten...only good start was 03, 7 games up over the Sox at the break and they got passed by both the Twins and the Sox down the homestretch.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(keninem @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
Rangers announcers just summed it all up nicely... "If you've got a young pitcher that has walked 4 in six innings and you have only 3 hits, you have a better chance at a walk than getting a hit, and you have no reason to be swinging at a 3-1 pitch when you're leading off and down by 4"

Dont worry. Greg will quote the temps, he will tell us that they are just about there and he saw some positive signs from tonights debacle.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 02:04 AM)
When was the last time they had an OF assist? Pre-ASB 2006?

I have a very solid memory, and I don't remember any assists since Dye threw out someone vs the Twins during the middle of the 2005 season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
If not for C.C.'s fielding gaffe, would Erstad by like 0 for his last 25 now? Again, thanks for nothing this offseason KW with this offense.

I'll wait until May before judging this offense.

Williams has assembled a World Series championship. Give him a chance.

These are just two of the many excuses you'll hear if performances such as tonight continue. Both concerning the pitching and offense.

QUOTE(zenryan @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 09:04 PM)
I wonder if I called mlb.tv and complained about the s***tiness of this team, will I get a refund?

biggest waste of money ever

You could for every other team, but the Sox were predicted to finish 4th, so they are trying their best to match that.

There is a bright side to this: if we're going to suck this year and not make the playoffs, it's better that the suckiness starts sooner rather than later so we can unload Buehrle and Dye and continue the rebuilding KW did last offseason.