D.J. White returning to IU

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 07:10 AM)
During my freshman orientation, I remember I said I wanted to see IU make a bowl game and a final four during my four years here.

Obviously that hasn't happened yet; however, I have a feeling my senior year could be a fun one.

You know it's just wonderful timing that my time at IU was during one of the worst 4 years for sports in IU history (graduating this May). The football team is finally getting good. With Lewis, Hardy, Bailey, Thigpen, basically the whole offense returning, we will finally make a bowl game. Now next year will be the best basketball team (talent wise) IU has seen in quite some time. Damn it to hell.

Jerry DiNardo and Mike Davis ruined my college career.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 08:10 AM)
During my freshman orientation, I remember I said I wanted to see IU make a bowl game and a final four during my four years here.

Obviously that hasn't happened yet; however, I have a feeling my senior year could be a fun one.

I was able to accomplish both during my time at U of I; then again the downfall of the football program after going to the Sugar Bowl after their 2001 season wasn't as great

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 05:10 AM)

Back in 2002...the mob literally ripped up a tree and carried it about a half mile across campus. And we're not talking a small tree. People took branches as souvenirs. Watch out for folks climbing the light posts on Kirkwood.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 12:34 PM)
Back in 2002...the mob literally ripped up a tree and carried it about a half mile across campus. And we're not talking a small tree. People took branches as souvenirs. Watch out for folks climbing the light posts on Kirkwood.

I've heard the legend of that story many times, as my friend's brother was a part of that. I laugh at that, just about every time I hear it.