Ranger fans not so happy with McCarthy

tonyho7476

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 01:05 PM)
I never bashed the trade, in fact, I liked it. However, my opinion has not been swayed by the first three BMac starts. He gives up homeruns, that's what he does. I never thought he looked like he had #1 or #2 stuff.

Danks has actually allowed more homeruns this season than BMac, Danks has had a lot of problems with HRs in the past as well.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 01:09 PM)
Danks has actually allowed more homeruns this season than BMac, Danks has had a lot of problems with HRs in the past as well.

Interesting... I always thought 3 = 3? I must be losing it. :bang

Oh, and Danks is younger, a lefty, and has a sexy mound presence.

The home run balls scare me with Danks, for sure. It just seems that he leaves too many pitches over the meat of the plate and with his stuff he cannot get away with it in the bigs.

However, I think the guy is a fighter and has a lot more balls than that pussy Floyd. And I think Danks is a young version of Buehrle but I seriously wonder if he's going to be our 5th starter at the end of the season. I hope so, but I would give it a 50/50 shot.

Are we better off THIS YEAR with Danks/Masset over BMac? Only time will tell but something in my gut tells me yes...and I used to be a big BMac fan but the guy throws the straightest fastball in the history of baseball and if he doesnt spot it perfectly he is done...

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 01:31 PM)
Also Danks has yet to start a game in the major leagues with a windchill above 40. His ERA would most likely be a lot higher if he had.

This is BS... the cold is used as an excuse for Conteras not being able to get loose, yet its only helping John Danks?

Cold effects hitters

Cold effects pitchers

I never want cold to be used as an argument on this board again. lol

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 01:46 PM)
This is BS... the cold is used as an excuse for Conteras not being able to get loose, yet its only helping John Danks?

Cold effects hitters

Cold effects pitchers

He also started against two of the top teams in the entire MLB against two of the top pitchers.

Well the cold is being blamed for offense being down across the league. So if the cold is effecting the offense (especially the Sox) to the point where runs/game are down as much as they are wouldn't that in turn help out pitchers? Contreras is a little different I suppose, he has a pretty big leg kick and needs to be pretty loosened up to in order to have his good control, he did walk what 5 batters on Sunday?

I think it's a pretty legitimate argument.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 01:52 PM)
Well the cold is being blamed for offense being down across the league. So if the cold is effecting the offense (especially the Sox) to the point where runs/game are down as much as they are wouldn't that in turn help out pitchers? Contreras is a little different I suppose, he has a pretty big leg kick and needs to be pretty loosened up to in order to have his good control, he did walk what 5 batters on Sunday?

I think it's a pretty legitimate argument.

I think it's an excuse for the fact that hitters normally start slower than pitchers because of the shorter spring training workload.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 01:58 PM)
I think it's an excuse for the fact that hitters normally start slower than pitchers because of the shorter spring training workload.

Except we are seeing historic offensive lows to start this season.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 02:01 PM)
Except we are seeing historic offensive lows to start this season.

Exactly. I don't understand why the offense will come around when the weather heats up, but we're not supposed to expect the pitching to decline.

the average batting line for the AL is .250/.322/.394 right now. What happens when it approaches the .275/.339/.437 line that the AL averaged last year?

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 01:46 PM)

Cold effects hitters

Cold effects pitchers

Contreras supposedly couldn't get loose in the cold, yet gave up 1 hit to the Indians and lost. It was nice on opening day. He left that game against the same Indian team with an ERA of 63.00. Anyone who has ever played baseball will tell you cold will affect hitters or offense a lot more than pitchers. There's a reason why offense throughout baseball is down significantly and April has a good chance of being the coldest April in the US for over 100 years.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 02:06 PM)
Exactly. I don't understand why the offense will come around when the weather heats up, but we're not supposed to expect the pitching to decline.

the average batting line for the AL is .250/.322/.394 right now. What happens when it approaches the .275/.339/.437 line that the AL averaged last year?

They have to get those extra hits from somewhere.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 01:52 PM)
He also started against two of the top teams in the entire MLB against two of the top pitchers.

Rock, when I read your posts...all I hear is blah,blah, blah...because I'm staring at the new girl in your avatar. If that is your sister, how about hooking a brother up?

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)

I live in Warsaw, Poland (believe it or not) and I can tell you this is how the girls look in Eastern Europe. All chicks are skinny out here and take care of themselves (unlike these pigs from Chicago who wear jean shorts and eat french fries right out of the grease).

Sad but true.

And another believe it or not, there are at least 10 White Sox fans I know of out here! Pretty amazing!

P.S. The weather out here has been 60-70 and sunny daily. WTF is going on in the US???

Edited by JohnCangelosi

QUOTE(JohnCangelosi @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 05:11 PM)
I live in Warsaw, Poland (believe it or not) and I can tell you this is how the girls look in Eastern Europe. All chicks are skinny out here and take care of themselves (unlike these pigs from Chicago who wear jean shorts and eat french fries right out of the grease).

Sad but true.

And another believe it or not, there are at least 10 White Sox fans I know of out here! Pretty amazing!

P.S. The weather out here has been 60-70 and sunny daily. WTF is going on in the US???

I was in Germany for three years, and you are correct about the chicks.

US weather = global warming

QUOTE(JohnCangelosi @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 06:11 PM)

Sad but true.

Stay classy.