White Sox loser

WhiteSoxfan1986

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 11:18 PM)
Garland says he mentally gave up. What in the hell is wrong with this team? As someone pointed out earlier, we've won 39 of our last 89 games. If we're not careful, the Tigers are going to get a huge lead on us.

I'm starting to doubt my prediction on 84 wins. :ph34r:

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 11:18 PM)
Garland says he mentally gave up. What in the hell is wrong with this team? As someone pointed out earlier, we've won 39 of our last 89 games. If we're not careful, the Tigers are going to get a huge lead on us.

Amazing. It's always a good sign when a starting pitcher admits he mentally gave up during a crucial inning several weeks into the season.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 04:16 AM)
LOL. PFB is now denying that these hitters are going up to the plate with the "pull-and-lift" approach because "they're good hitters who get extra base hits"

this is the first time I've listened to him all year, and it'll probably be the last.

Everything about the Score's broadcast of White Sox baseball is disgraceful.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 04:20 AM)
I'm starting to doubt my prediction on 84 wins. :ph34r:

The Tigers are just flat out better than the Sox from the manager on down. Hopefully they keep Durbin in the rotation a little longer though.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 11:29 PM)
SAY HELLO TO YOUR NEW LEADOFF HITTER CHICAGO!!!

.171/.239/.244/.483

That's right you are not seeing things, that's a .483 OPS! But who cares!? He'll grind the s*** out of your face.

He can punt the hell out of the ball too. Don't forget that mister.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 04:29 AM)

.171/.239/.244/.483

That's right you are not seeing things, that's a .483 OPS! But who cares!? He'll grind the s*** out of your face.

2 for last 28, and that includes a routine grounder up the middle that C.C. botched for an infield hitter. The scary thing is that he's hit very few baseballs hard during this slump.

.171/.239/.244/.483

I'd love to hear the annoucers of opposing teams reading off the lineup card, and having to control their laughter when a graphic says, "1. Erstad - CF - .171."

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 11:32 PM)
I'd love to hear the annoucers of opposing teams reading off the lineup card, and having to control their laughter when a graphic says, "1. Erstad - CF - .171."

It reminds me of August of 05 when we had Timo Perez DH and leadoff guy for the sox. Remember how bad our offense sucked in August of 05.

.171/.239/.244/.483

So, my opinion of Guillen as manager is steadily dropping. You can't blame tonight's loss on Erstad, but making him the leadoff hitter is just idiotic. He has never been a high OBP player, and it seems pretty clear he's not planning on starting to be one this year.

The game tonight also clarified to me what I think I dislike most about Guillen's managing: he gives up outs with sacrifices and gives up free baserunners with IBBs more than any other manager. Sabermetricians must get physically ill watching his moves. But if you want a non-sabermetric critique, another way to look at it is that he takes his players out of the game more than any other manager. He takes the bat out of of their hands and effectively the ball from the pitcher with the SACs and IBBs. It's just overmanaging.

2 more fun facts.

#1: Erstad has grounded out 19 times this season, I believe 14 are to the right side of the infield.

#2: Jim Thome's OPS now stands at 1.090, which is .245 points higher than the second highest on the team, Juan Uribe.

.171/.239/.244/.483

I can't legally take anything away from Erstad. Pretend I can for a second.

Erstad's line without his leadoff homer

.150/.222/.150/.372

so if CC gets him out, well

This team is reminding me very much of the 1985 Bears.

Won championship. Came back next year seemingly poised to win again. Didn't. Came back the following year strong again. Again didn't win. Eventually the players stopped listening to the Bears' over-the-top, fiery coach and everything fell apart.

White Sox. See above.

QUOTE(SnB @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 09:37 AM)
I'm sure glad I made the trip from champaign to see that debacle yesterday.

seriously, sosa?

MMAC had to throw it right on the fat part of his bat for him to hit it out. But it was horrible pitch selection by AJ. EVERYONE knows that Sosa couldnt even pick up that slider, yet we went with the fastball.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 09:41 AM)
MMAC had to throw it right on the fat part of his bat for him to hit it out. But it was horrible pitch selection by AJ. EVERYONE knows that Sosa couldnt even pick up that slider, yet we went with the fastball.

Is your avatar from Beerfest II: When Drunk Catchers Call A Fastball for Sosa