What makes me bullish on America

Texsox

One of my favorite volunteer activities is sitting on Eagle Boards of Review, the final step a young man takes in becoming an Eagle. The two young men I met tonight make me feel very secure in our future. I could go on and on about both of their character, their ability to articulate well thought out concept and abstract thoughts. One has been accepted and is on his way to either Stanford or MIT, the other is a H.S. Sophomore and looking towards Texas Tech.

They are involved in a wide range of activities and the kind of kids that any parent would be proud to call their own. :usa

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 10:03 AM)
Unfortunately, I believe that for every two kids like that, there's a Springer studio audience's worth of f***heads coming along.

I guess that makes me Bearish on America, although to be fair, I think that about people in general, not just Americans.

There's a Springer studio audience's worth of f***heads in ever generation, including yours there Mr. Critic. You're just at the age that all of the "Young Whippersnappers" really piss you off.

Thanks for sharing the story, Texsox... always good to hear.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 12:01 PM)
There's a Springer studio audience's worth of f***heads in ever generation, including yours there Mr. Critic. You're just at the age that all of the "Young Whippersnappers" really piss you off.

Its increasing though as generations of f***wads reproduce at a higher rate than people of intelligence, respect and honor.

Watch the movie Idiocracy for a full breakdown.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 12:03 PM)
Its increasing though as generations of f***wads reproduce at a higher rate than people of intelligence, respect and honor.

Watch the movie Idiocracy for a full breakdown.

I've seen it. It be f***ing hilarious.

haha, your sig .gif is an excellent example for this thread.

I don't know, I'm at college and i continue to meet kids that amaze me in their intelligence and involvement. I think we just are so much more able to connect to so many more people now that we meet more and more dumb ones.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 12:01 PM)

I never said this was a new development, Steve.

and for whatever it's worth, SOME "young whippersnappers" have pissed me off since I was one myself.

I'm just stating the ratio as I see it.